/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG
do you still need to use the other file, subprocess.pyo

so this is to replace the other way Im using ? symlink

Last edited:
I think Ive found it mate :)
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/CrossEPG
do you still need to use the other file, subprocess.pyo

so this is to replace the other way Im using ? symlink

Yep put the revised in there, delete the .pyo file and restart enigma2. This revised file doesn't need any other file so no need for subprocess or strace.

I've posted my revised code back onto the CrossEPG GIT site.

After the author examines it it should hopefully make it into the stream.

My other code changes to fix the random reverting back to flash have been incorporated into the last build so it should hopefully be a case of installing from stream and no more faffing around with files once this change is also incorporated.

My other code changes to fix the random reverting back to flash have been incorporated into the last build

the symlink ? thats been added to crossepg by the coders now ?

the symlink ? thats been added to crossepg by the coders now ?

No the symlink was a hack/work around, I did a revised crossepg_setup.py file and replaced the os.system call in there with enigma2 code which fixed that particular issue.

didnt know this .. wots the new build version ?

I just uploaded the revised code for crossepg_loader.py last night so might take a few days as it all depends when the author next logs on and then tests the changes I've made, once he's happy I assume that he'll incorporate them.

so what do we need after a clean install as there has been a few files out that we have tested, could you make a post and post all correct files we need m8.

this is for my reference really
put latest file on (5/6/12) last night all done as advised

day 1
first epg update today 13/6/12

:)

could it be? could the crossepg issue be finally put to bed?

I think if it has then IAmATeaf deserves the Victoria Cross lol

today after epg scan, it never reverted back to TV screen, it stayed on radio screen
a simple flick of channel sorted this :)

it may of been a fluke of the box rather than the epg fix, asked kids if it had happened before and they said "only once,months ago"

its been updating daily though :)

today after epg scan, it never reverted back to TV screen, it stayed on radio screen
a simple flick of channel sorted this :)

it may of been a fluke of the box rather than the epg fix, asked kids if it had happened before and they said "only once,months ago"

its been updating daily though :)

A question and a statement but I've had this happen when the box has been left on channel that in the morning wasn't broadcasting?

A question and a statement but I've had this happen when the box has been left on channel that in the morning wasn't broadcasting?

Mine has done this on a few occasions I am going to test this theory well spotted if so :)

no mate, when I get up I put it on ITV to see news headlines
when kids get up they nick the remote and put kids channels on, so the box has been use for some time before epg starts a scan and had a few channel changes in the mean time

no mate, when I get up I put it on ITV to see news headlines
when kids get up they nick the remote and put kids channels on, so the box has been use for some time before epg starts a scan and had a few channel changes in the mean time

What time have you set the download for?

The one other thing I have noticed is that if I do a bouquet update and then don't restart enigma2 then that too causes CrossEPG to throw a wobbly with subsequent updates until I do a restart.

i do a manual update about every 5 days then i do a restart and have no problems at all, your file fix sure works ok for me, reason i dont do an auto update i get i was watching that and now i missed some, so i do it when there all out or doing something else.

cant win in my house :(

8.28AM scan starts

now you could have a point about bouquets updates, I mess with these a lot sometimes daily, I dont always restart enigma as I let DBE reload any changes made

I'll restart enigma from now on after changes and keep an eye on that mate

What time have you set the download for?

The one other thing I have noticed is that if I do a bouquet update and then don't restart enigma2 then that too causes CrossEPG to throw a wobbly with subsequent updates until I do a restart.

if you only put the box in standby you can do a scan say at 4AM as the box is stil awake so to speak

its only if the box is put into deep standby or switched off from rear or mains that it wont update
Im sure Im right in saying that :) sure Ive even tried it at some point and it worked

i do a manual update about every 5 days then i do a restart and have no problems at all, your file fix sure works ok for me, reason i dont do an auto update i get i was watching that and now i missed some, so i do it when there all out or doing something else.

cant win in my house :(

Saturday morning my box must have green screened during epg download as I came in to find it on and the data hadnt updated. I haven't looked for a crash log yet but I'm sure they'll be one and I'll upload if I find one, maybe it was just a fluke though, this is using your new file aswell teaf :(

hmm, theres no crashlog so maybe it didnt crash but it definately didnt update either. strange, i'll keep an eye on it again for the next few days :)

Back