Critique my diet and training plan

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm looking to get lean now i've put bulk on. I'm currently weighing 13.5stone 5ft11.

Training plan:
Monday: Rushfit Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning Dvd

Tuesday:
Rushfit Strength and Endurance Workout Dvd

Thursday:
Rushfit Strength and Endurance Workout Dvd

Friday:
Rushfit Explosive Powertraining Dvd

Diet plan:

Breakfast: 100g oats, 50g whey & piece of fruit

Meal one: 200g chicken or 200g salmon, 5 slices of wholemeal bread (low fat omega 3 margarine)

Meal two: (post workout) One stop xtreme (one full serving)

Meal three: 65g wholewheat pasta, low fat soup and 200g chicken

Meal four: 75g oats, 40g whey & 1TBS peanut butter

Bedtime: 1 Scoop casein protein & piece of fruit

What do you think?

Thanks,
Nick

Too complicated for me M8 :) I'm 5' 11", 12.5 stone and 60 in March. Been this weight for a decade. I spread what I eat, lots of veg and fruit, mix the meat but mostly chicken, two days a week veggie (Quorn stuff) and keep active.

Walk, cycle or work lol

13.5 stone is nothing really for your height @yottabit :)

You might just need to keep a diary of your calorie intake and try and stay below 1700 which would lose about a pound a week, with exercise (exercise being key here).

If you have an android or iphone, you can download MyFitnessPal - did you know that 88% of people are more likely to lose weight if they keep a diary!

I was almost 21 stone and now weigh in at 15.5 (was just over 15 but xmas lol), so I know what it takes to lose weight :)

But what I will say is that losing weight is not about all these diets and exercise (well it is lol), but it is about a mental fight with yourself and you winning that fight lol.

Your plan sounds very regimental - I would probably give up after a month lol on that lmao...

If I was you I would do the following.

1) Join a gym - go at least 3 times a week (I love the gym personally) find what CARDIO machines you like and build up your fitness while losing weight.
2) Eat what you like but keep the diary :)

For me that sounds much better lol!

Mick

Last edited:
I lost a lot of weight without joining gym, but it really depends on how good you are at motivating yourself. Some people find extra motivation working in a class (I used to do a boot camp style cardio class which I found pretty good), others are fine by themselves. If there is somebody else looking at working out maybe its something you can do together.

Rushfit also comes with a training and diet plan for days training and days off. Personally prefer P90X over rushfit and insanity series but all three have good routines.

Also seems there is a complete lack of fresh salads and veggies in your diet ?

I have lost 11.5 stone in 8 months but I cheated and had a bypass opp :) I'm just full by reading the amount you are going to eat.

Thanks guys, will let you know how i get on with it in the next month or so. Not a big fan of veggies etc but the one stop extreme has all sorts of vitamins & minerals.

Cheers
Nick

If you want to lose weight a little quicker, then drop the carbs from your diet. Cut out the bread as well, as this is stodgy and bloating. Exercise regularly, either cardio or weights. You should see yourself losing weight then.

Thanks guys, will let you know how i get on with it in the next month or so. Not a big fan of veggies etc but the one stop extreme has all sorts of vitamins & minerals.

Cheers
Nick

sorry but that is no substitute for fresh veggie and salads. Aside from goodness being in natural form, your body needs the fiber for proper digestion as well.

As @janobi said, look at cutting down on refined carbs and bread and pasta are high in refined carbs, whole or not. Check your powders, many have added sugar. And I try and consume my carbs in the morning/lunchtime.

Also you may want to look at some none meat protein to vary your diet, beans (be careful as some are high in carbs), tofu, quorn and other options. Don't forget some nuts are also pretty good for you in small quantities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back