Cpu/mono/ram bundle

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
A friend asked me to get him a new set up to replace his aging system and given me a price of £200 .
This PC is only used for DJ software (he creates his own tunes) he,s been asking about a i5 but also wants 8gig ram so told him no chance.
Could someone give me any ideas of a CPU, motherboard and ram deal that would do the job but still have some legs left in case .
I've been looking at the AMD range but ain't got a clue about them .
Got all the rest from his old system so just need the 3 things
Cheers folks
Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

You can pick up a Quad Core Intel CPU at a good Price now a days, and there still on par with the I5 if i am right. I still run a Quad core in my gaming PC and its more than capable :)

Cheers guys.
He called me to say he won a mac off flebay for double what he asked me to price up, can't win with some folk lol

You can pick up a Quad Core Intel CPU at a good Price now a days, and there still on par with the I5 if i am right. I still run a Quad core in my gaming PC and its more than capable :)

Something like a q6600 can be picked up for around £40 but you will need a socket 775 m/b and ddr2 ram. Speed wise, it would be comparable to a i3

I'm running the q6600 and with a decent video card in it its played all the latest games without hitch, he only wanted to run some dj software but also wanted the latest kit.
some folk you just cant get through too. but hey ho he gave me a box of goodies including a hp pda +tom tom kit for my troubles just aint got a clue what they do lol

Back