Coronation Street live episode blunder

To quote a post under the video.

This isn't a mistake - the actress, Cherylee Houston, has Ehlers–Danlos syndrome, which means she has to use a wheelchair as it limits her mobility. I don't think anything to the contrary has ever been suggested about the character, Izzy, in Corrie.

I presume that's what this is about as I don't watch the god awful show.

I just noticed it the girl at bar can't mind her name stands up she is in a wheelchair

I said this when watching it but then was told she has trouble walking not that she can not walk.

Coronation Street to debut first regular disabled cast member Cherylee Houston | Mail Online

Disabled characters have briefly figured in Coronation Street in the past.

Ryan Connor's friend Phil was played by wheelchair user Richard Sargent, and Emily's niece Freda is played by deaf actress Ali Briggs.

But Cherylee, who has signed up for an initial six-month stint, is the first actress with a disability to become a regular face.

She has previously appeared in Holby City, The Bill, Little Britain, A Thing Called Love and Emmerdale.

Last edited:
I have a friend who has trouble walking because of a disability. He uses a wheelchair at times, other times he uses a stick. It just depends on how well he's feeling on the day.

Back