CD & DVD copying dvd;s ?

zapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i have a liton cd writer that is ok & a cd rom in seperate tray;s if i replace the cd rom with a dvd writer will i be able to copy dvd onto a 80 min cd ? or will i need to get dvd cd;s to copy onto? if so how much are dvd cd ? . And when you buy a dvd writer do you get software to with it to copy dvd ? many thank;s for your help

dvd writer?

I know i need a dvd writer . / What i mean is once i replace my cd rom with a dvd writer i will then have a cd writer and a dvd writer in seperate tray;s then can i copy dvd onto 80min cd ? or do i have to buy dvd cd;s to copy dvd film;s onto ? many thanks

oh..............................lol

yes mate u will need dvdr media to copy on to it is slightly more expensive that cdr media.

Hi zapper, the only thing to remember is that if you only replace your cd-rom then your cd-rw drive will still not be able to play DVD's so you will not be able to do quick copies on the fly. So you will have to copy the original dvd to your hard drive and then copy to dvd-r media, which will all take twice as long. If you are copy to hard drive you may as well rip the dvd and put onto vcd, which is cheapest way. DVD-r discs are 79p if bought in packs of 25, so they are getting cheaper, but obviously the drive is quite a bit.
So maybe needs more thought before you splash out, and realise you need to spend more.

L:)

Back