Copying a backup

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you copy a backup?

I have tried doing the following:

1) Using CloneCD to make an image from the DVD - this created split images, so didn't know what to do with them.
2) Using DVDDecryptor in ISO mode - This made an ISO from the disk. Burnt it without merging the SS file into it and it didn't work.
3) Extracted the disk using Schtrom360Xtract V3.0 (using blank xteme 2.0 option), merged with the SS file. Didn't work

Any help would be appreciated on the correct method to use.

i would use dvd shrink and nearo and it depends on wat your trying to copy : bat :

Sorry I shoulld have given you a breakdown of what I am using:

SH-D162C with KREON V081 Firmware for ripping

Pioneer 111d for burning with Verbatim DL DVDs

not sure what your saying in your first post with regards to getting the image,

have a look at this, it looks simple and it,ll be how i do mine when i get the poineer 111d.

EDIT SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU WHERE DOING A COPY OF A BACK UP, IGNORE MY POST

Last edited by a moderator:
Blimey thats a hell of a way to rip a game! Ill stick with the SH-D162C drive! :)

Yes I need to copy a backup that I have already ripped and burnt, rather than ripping a game from scratch

well you seem to have 2 drives and clone cd
so pop condemned into your rom drive and blank dvd-rdl into your burner and make an on the fly disc to disc copy with clone cd

i have copied two backups from backups and thay went fine but can not remember how i did them just got hold of some more backups to copie tryed 2 of them through clonecd but do not work...

i also have a samsung 163a drive flashed with kerons image did a back up with xbox backup creater but did not work
Any help

xbc is made to rip original discs not copys
-ive never had a problem doing disc to disc on the fly with clonecd

also regarding number 3
when you merged the ss file did you add the video partition too

I have two different faults i will start from beginning...

got hold of a samsung 163a and flashed with modified firmware...
im on the understanding that xbox backup creator is a 1 stop shop(rips the disk puts the ss sector in you just have to burn the image)

i ripped perfectdark zero original last night and burned to disk the normal way but would not work...

come to try again and thorght i would check the image...

if i put the image into ssmerger 1.7 it tells me the ss that is in the image..now if i rip the ss sector of the disk with xbox backup creator it is different then whats on there and if i download a ss sector from a web site its different again...

well xbc is a "one stop solution" for originals but nothings perfect
as for the differing ss.bins each region has a differing ss.bin file so the ones offline could be from elseware in europe australia or ntsc which would make them differant
this is the one i have on my game which is what i ripped myself

and although ss merger is a good tool,ive lost count of the amount of times its show up as red at the bottom b4 ive burned a game,yet the game has been fine

Every time you query the security sectors using XBC - they'll be different - but all should work if you use the correct one i.e. PAL ss for a PAL game

well your ss file comes up the same as the 1 i downloaded...
going to patch with that 1 and see what happens

I'll try the CloneCD disc to disc copy, and let you know if I was successful.

hi, i'm trying this to, can some one confirm which you use, clone cd or clone dvd, many thanks

well ripped game and added the ss sector for pal and still did not work i dont think the samsung 163a is ripping them propley.....

wasted 4 disks now....

ah right for the 163 u need to make sure your using xbc 2.3 for full support

sorry i figured u were using the 162

Back