Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Copying a backup

i am using xbc 2.3build 185...

i get a full game image about 7.5gb but just not working...if i put it into ss patcher it says it looks like a wxripper image i thorght xbc only supports xtream type image...

wrecker 1,its clone cd u want to use

thxs mate, gonna try one , is it best to use - dl or + dl discs. its only i have 2 modded boxes what i paid for , for my 2 kids, but only 1 set of games. would like to make another set so they can have 1 each. many thanks

Just to give you an update.....

I did a disk to disk copy using CloneCD on the backup and this did not work, and I do not want to waste any more DL Verbatims so..............

I re-ripped my original game using XBC, burned with CloneCD and that works fine.

havin a bit of problem myself ...can burn backups and they work fine for the sammy drive using dvd info to set the bitsetting and clone cd ....when it comes to the hitachi drive they dont work....what hav got to do to make them work on a hatachi..with the latest flash on it ..use bitsetting or not .....:)

I rip the game with Xbox Backup Creator using a Samsung SH-D162C with KREON V081 Firmware.

I burn the image it creates on Verbatim DL DVDs at 2x using a Pioneer 111d. No need for bitsetting.

I am using the Xtreme 1.3 firmware on an Hitachi 47d drive

What burner and media are you using?

I rip the game with Xbox Backup Creator using a Samsung SH-D162C with KREON V081 Firmware.

I burn the image it creates on Verbatim DL DVDs at 2x using a Pioneer 111d. No need for bitsetting.

I am using the Xtreme 1.3 firmware on an Hitachi 47d drive

What burner and media are you using?

thanks for the reply......:)
iam using the nec to read and wright....working on sammy360 ok.....i do hav a pioneer 106...shall i test that without bitsetting.....using verbs dl.....:)

I had loads of problems writing with an NEC, using an Hitatchi drive. The backups would work fine on a Sammy but not on an Hitatchi.

I have not had any problems writing with a Pioneer 111d, using an Hitatchi drive, so try a backup using your pioneer 106. I believe Pioneers do automatic bit setting, so you can just burn and play.

I had loads of problems writing with an NEC, using an Hitatchi drive. The backups would work fine on a Sammy but not on an Hitatchi.

I have not had any problems writing with a Pioneer 111d, using an Hitatchi drive, so try a backup using your pioneer 106. I believe Pioneers do automatic bit setting, so you can just burn and play.

thanks alot for the info ...need it ...so i just use clone cd make an image then burn with pioneer......or use clone cd and copy on the fly.....????:)

You won't be able to rip a 360 game with a normal PC drive.

You'll need either a:

1) A specific PC DVD-Rom drive flashed with the Kreon firmware

or

2) An Xbox 360 drive (flashed with the Xtreme Firmware that will allow you to make backups) attached to your PC

Xbox Box creator will rip the game as an image you can burn in CloneCD with your Pioneeer

Alternatively you can download an backup game ISO from a newsgroup and burn that with CloneCD with your Pioneer

You won't be able to rip a 360 game with a normal PC drive.

You'll need either a:

1) A specific PC DVD-Rom drive flashed with the Kreon firmware

or

2) An Xbox 360 drive (flashed with the Xtreme Firmware that will allow you to make backups) attached to your PC

Xbox Box creator will rip the game as an image you can burn in CloneCD with your Pioneeer

Alternatively you can download an backup game ISO from a newsgroup and burn that with CloneCD with your Pioneer

sorry should have said..... copy a backup ....make an image first using clone or can i do on the fly....what if the backup as allready been done with bitsetting ...??

I've never successfully made a copy of a copy (backup), that works on an hitachi drive so I cannot help you here.

violentj has previously suggested burning on the fly.

I've never successfully made a copy of a copy (backup), that works on an hitachi drive so I cannot help you here.

violentj has previously suggested burning on the fly.

ok thanks for you help...maybe someone will read this thread and no what to do .....:)

ok 2 ways to do this
to back up your back up use either wxripper and the hotswap method to make an image of your game-this will need patching with the correct ss.bin file--

or as stated previously disc to disc copy on the fly with clone cd-if you have the latest fw on your hitachi then bitsetting shouldnt be an issue-the 106 is pants for burning 360 games tho-you could try updating the firmware on that(the 106) with the latest available from the pioneer site---but id recomend getting a 111

if you do a disc to disc with clonecd on the fly-at 2x using the nec as the burner on a decent disc it should be fine--but itll take the best part of an hour to do

ok 2 ways to do this
to back up your back up use either wxripper and the hotswap method to make an image of your game-this will need patching with the correct ss.bin file--

or as stated previously disc to disc copy on the fly with clone cd-if you have the latest fw on your hitachi then bitsetting shouldnt be an issue-the 106 is pants for burning 360 games tho-you could try updating the firmware on that(the 106) with the latest available from the pioneer site---but id recomend getting a 111

if you do a disc to disc with clonecd on the fly-at 2x using the nec as the burner on a decent disc it should be fine--but itll take the best part of an hour to do

Thats what i needed to hear thanks for your help...having a mess around i did do a burn on my 106 a while ago and it didnot work on my sammy. but worked on a friends hitachi.... course not knowing what i did i completely forgot how i did it ...with your help its all come back ...once again i thank you ...your doing a great job...m8...:)

ok guys, as you can tell this is all new to me, i would just love to crack it for my kids ! can anyone just confirm my basic understand of how i can copy a copy (back-up)

1. i have already clone cd installed
2. i have a nec nd3500 dl burner (but may buy a pioneer 111 )
3. i have blank +r dl discs
4. i have my back up copies
5. i need to ' flash ' a separate dvd drive in order to read/rip my back ups

if this is the general 'gyst ' i will do all the learning/searching i need in order to succeed.

many thanks for any advise. :Cheers:

you dont need to flash any other drive to copy copys-just disc to disc in clone cd-on the fly any reader/wrighter will do the job

I've only got 1 dvd drive in my pc, is it possible to copy backups(i.e. dvds i've burned myself from downloaded images) by reading to an image then writing to the pioneer?

yes.use the wxripper-emergency release hotswap method-these will need patching with the ss.bin file

Quick questions re images from newsgroups and such… If you download them. Can you just burn them or do you have to do anything to them. I was using xbox creater to do a stealth check on the file and it comes up as saying video,dmi and pfi not valid but the ss is present…

So if the ss is already present will this disk work… just want to know before making some coasters….

Back