Cool TV Guide compatible picons

pallys

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Following Rat's move to SNP picons does anyone know of a pic icon set that is Cool TV Guide compatible?
I like to use the tiny view in cool tv guide so I can fill the height and width of screen with channels.

(I have an old vu solo box on blackhole 2.0.8 and not able to to upgrade the image because it's a clone)

Try:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

These picons are still in SRP format.

Do you have a Solo clone or a Solo2 clone as you maybe able, depending on type of clone, upgrade (or have you already exhausted this route?)

That worked a treat, thanks. What's the ipk plugin for?

It's a Solo1 clone, v3.2 from aliexpress ruby lin, if that helps.

It could probably be upgraded but don't think it's worthwhile putting a new image on it - might slow it down? and worried about bricking it...

I wold probably stay on your current image then as there isn't many clone images for Vu Solo.

When did you buy it?

does this mean the picons for Cool TV Guide will no longer be updated?

In that case is there another guide that will work with the new Picons that will work on an amiko alien 2+?

In that case is there another guide that will work with the new Picons that will work on an amiko alien 2+?

You don't need another guide, you can still use Cool TV Guide. Insteads of rats picons just get the ones in the link in post #2 above.
I used these ones and they work fine: srp.100x60.black-white_2015-08-22--03-10-59.tar.xz
(Look for SRP in the filename). Extract the files using 7-zip and manually FTP upload the icons to the picon folder on your box/usb location.

I too prefer CoolTV Guide, but with Rats Picons, and have a bit of a work around.

Stumbled across a dreambox edit style program called E-Channelizer, which has nearly all the functionality of DBE but has a neat solution to the SNP / SRP issue. You can view your picons next to your channels in SNP in the program but when you transfer them to the box you have an option to have them sent as SRP or SNP and just the ones in your Bouquets, cool !.

Very similar to DBE but with a Windows 10 flavor, working great for me, hope it helps.

Try:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

These picons are still in SRP format.

Do you have a Solo clone or a Solo2 clone as you maybe able, depending on type of clone, upgrade (or have you already exhausted this route?)

Hi, do you have another source for SRP picons because it looks like releases are not being compiled anymore.

Back