ConvertXtoDVD - converting files to play on any dvd player - help please

ttony

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok

so i have tried vob files which i burned with nero , but my video player doesnt recognise the file , will convertxtodvd make a file out of the vob files that will play in any dvd player ? if so can anyone post a step by step of how i do this or recommend any software i could use .

i want to keep the same quality thoe of picture etc

the films i download are proper dvdr [4.35gb] which are rar files to start with.

Thanx

is it pal vob`s and not ntsc/usa as that wont work on uk dvd players

most dvd`s will play all vob files made into dvd5 (pal) not dvd9 (ntcs)

convertxtodvd wont convert vob files cos its already vob file ya see,
convertxtodvd converts the files avi/mkv/mp4 to vob file.

you could try freemaker converter to convert them into anything ie
avi/mp4/mkv/wmv/3gp etc etc

if it is dvd9/ntcs then use dvd shrink to shrink it top dvd5/pal

Attachments

• dvdshrink32setup.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
ConvertXtoDVD will actually take VOB's (even the IFO) as an input file and process it to your requirements.

If the files you've downloaded don't have a compliant DVD-Video file structure, then yes, you could run them through ConvertXtoDVD.

It's been a long time since I've used it but I believe it even used to transcode NTSC to PAL and vice versa but not always with the best results regarding audio sync.

most dvd`s will play all vob files made into dvd5 (pal) not dvd9 (ntcs)

if it is dvd9/ntcs then use dvd shrink to shrink it top dvd5/pal

DVD-5 & DVD-9 simply refers to whether the DVD is single or dual layer. It has nothing to do with the video standards of PAL or NTSC (PAL predominantly 25fps 576x720 used in most of Europe and NTSC 30fps 480x720 used in North America and other regions) - in other words you can have a PAL DVD5 or DVD9.

in nero you are burning as a DVD Video not an DVD Iso? and dragging the vobs into the VIDEO_TS folder? (assuming no using express)

ConvertXDVD is crap for burning DVDs you get loads of sync issues and freezes ? However it is a great programme for making your vob folder /DVD Use a different programme to burn your DVDs / folder like DVDSanta.

Drop any movie you like into convertx and convert it to DVD but make sure you have the burning option not ticked also make sure you have selected PAL not NTSC and make sure your saving your finished convert to the harddrive a folder of your choice or use the default.

Once you have converted your file use a different programme to burn it. Have a look in the share Zone I have just posted DVD Ripper and DVD Copier with the name and serial enclosed mate.

yes i am dragging the vobs into the VIDEO_TS folder then burning them with nero

it maybe that the file is not pal so i am looking at that at the moment , i will let you know how i get on .

well it still will not play in my dvd player ???
im lost now as what to do ?

any help would be appreciated

Tony why dont buy a cheap media player mate it will save you loads of hasle and a few bob in the long wrong mate.

hi mate yer thats what i am thinking of doing mate that is buying a cheap media player i just got to make sure it plays iso files [image]

as thats what i convert the files to when i download them .

why convert them to iso?
if ya get a media player there is no need to convert as the media player
it will play most if not all the normal film files that you download
getting a media player will save you money and time ;)

what files do you download?

for example, i download the latest film as film.AVI (say 700mb) i then add it to ConvertXtoDVD, put a blank disk in and off it goes - nothing else needed. No dvd player will support .ISO's as thats a disk image already - ImgBurn will burn that.

Make sure you set your Burn speed to 4x and not the fastest

why is that?
does it give you better result/quality?
as i burn at the fastest speed.
i might try 4x next time i need to use it for dvd burn for family/friends :)

it gives a better burn, DVD players have always struggled to read discs burnt 'at home' rather than original production discs, hence why all the faff on with dyes for xbox games, etc. the slower the burn, the better, especially for older DVD players where the lasers might be old and not as strong.

Back