converting

I'm not sure if it's coz you're a girl, but I like to help anyway, here are my personal notes. Please note the IFA version ( settings may change slightly )

Nokia boxes ar ALWAYS 2x.

This works with crossover cable only !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! usually first time
IFA version 2.2

Turn off windows firewall
Disable wireless network connection

set LAN network IP to 192.168.0.201
( IFA automatically sets dbox IP to 192.168.0.202 )

open IFA
select image for flashing
select network device
switch dbox on
press start
a dialogue box pops up
switch dbox off
click ok
switch box on
flashing should begin
progress is indicated on LCD ( IFA image on TV screen )
Fertig and smiley faces on LCD means success
disconnect network
off then on at the mains

Hi Rodboy, thanks for helping a damsel in distress, with enigma, as I mentioned I did tell the fella to use a 2x image, he, in his inexperieced wisdom, decided to use a 1x!! Have told him about disabling windows firewall, wireless network connection (even suggested to disable any anti virus software). He has taken box home so will let you know if he succeeds.

Thanks again.

Pepper

I banned myself last Sunday from posting for two weeks ( before the mods done me ) coz I post shite when drunk !!! and I'm sorry to say that's quite a lot - I think I'm under control though - but I would say that !

This thread is becoming a two way story, even though there have been a few DWZ top posters around most of the time ( probably no one wants to get involved with me !!! ) only kidding

I'll help you all I can, but I'm not around tomorrow untill about 8 o'clock - but you'll be sorted by then !!

good luck

Back