Controlling one computer from another

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
im looking for a program that will allow me to control my pc over my wireless network from my laptop????

anybody know of any good programs that are easy to set up????

cheers mate

i will have a wee look around for this

found about 4 different versions of this

real, tight, ultra etc

any preferences to much is best

and can i transfer files using this program???

just go into remote assistance in help on xp its free and works ace l use it all the time can sit with the wife and kids and watch and play with my download software on my computer in the loft and transfer files to and from the laptop..

Try radmin,ive used it for years & control different pcs no problem at all.

wilbo said:
Try radmin,ive used it for years & control different pcs no problem at all.
u have to go back to school to make it work (hard work radmin 2.2)

PC anywhere is ok

But MSN do a remote assistance its free and easy to setup etc works ok for most things

Keeping it simple !

Just as smirnoff said

Is there a program like this, where I can access my home PC from University without installing anything on the University computers, maybe just running the program at University, which links to my home computer?

pc anywhere is a 3rd party install, I take it you dont have the admin rights to install programs, but as i think someone said b4 xp has its on remote control program, and i am sure that msn should install ok even if you dont have admin rights

Only thing with xp and msn i think you need someone on the other side to accept the request for remote assistance

or i think you could setup a proxy server to connect to your computer from the uni computer eg uni comp speaks to proxy .....proxy speaks to home comp

then you could get round the remote request having to be agreed to because you can set the proxy up as a trusted access

I think thats sort of right

but i am sure that someone will correct me if its not

deedie said:
im looking for a program that will allow me to control my pc over my wireless network from my laptop????

anybody know of any good programs that are easy to set up????
u can use msn messenger throgh the net m8

Back