Considering a Spiderbox 9000HD

damok666

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member here looking for a little advice. I've done a lot of reading around the tinternet to find out as much info as I can but I'm still unsure of a lot of things and wondered if some of you experienced members would answer a few newbie questions for me please. I thought I would try here as I liked the attitude towards other newbie's with similar questions compared to some of the other similar forums.

I'm moving house soon and considering installing a Spiderbox 9000HD and motorised 80cm dish (live in Sunderland). Is that big enough to capture most of the European satellites?

Now these boxes have been around for a year could you give me some honest opinions? I have read a lot of conflicting reports about the quality of the gift channels and problems with CCcam, but I have heard very good reports about the HD picture quality.

If the gift channels were taken away would the box be able to receive Freesat channels - and would there be any point in that case in buying the Satellite / Terrestrial Combo version?

Why would you have more than one c-line? Is it to receive different packages from different servers?

I am thinking of using a wireless router with a 3g dongle. Is it possible to be set up this way and does anyone have any experience of that setup? Very interested in this because I dont need or want a house landline.

Sorry if you've seen these questions a million times but I'd be very grateful for some replies. Thanks :Cheers:

Sorry - guess I wont be winning the newbie of the month award I had my eye on. :(

I'm moving house soon and considering installing a Spiderbox 9000HD and motorised 80cm dish (live in Sunderland). Is that big enough to capture most of the European satellites?

one of the installers can answer this one

Now these boxes have been around for a year could you give me some honest opinions? I have read a lot of conflicting reports about the quality of the gift channels and problems with CCcam, but I have heard very good reports about the HD picture quality.

gift channels can be a bit hit and miss but most of the time are fine,ive resorted to using newcamd for uk providers as cccam was unstable for me,HD picture is good quality

If the gift channels were taken away would the box be able to receive Freesat channels - and would there be any point in that case in buying the Satellite / Terrestrial Combo version?

unable to answer this one for you

Why would you have more than one c-line? Is it to receive different packages from different servers?

i use a n:line and a c:line and get most of whats availiable

I am thinking of using a wireless router with a 3g dongle. Is it possible to be set up this way and does anyone have any experience of that setup? Very interested in this because I dont need or want a house landline.

cant answer this one as i use BB

Sorry if you've seen these questions a million times but I'd be very grateful for some replies. Thanks :Cheers:

I would opt for a 1m dish over the 80cm, as your going be splashing out then the cost wont be too much more, and will help get those fringe channels.

I don't have a spider, but when I did look at them I thought more about buying the 7000 over the 9000, I ended up with a dreambox clone in the end

Frenchman

I am just out side newcastle matey...i have the 88triax dish... and i have something like 30 sats....if the gift go's you can use it for free sat yes!!!
But don't buy this box just because it has a gift..+ don't use it to share a c a r d ..
You can if you like but i don't trust dark...dick and his lot!!!!

Thanks everyone :)

Easy enough to get a 1m dish at the start I suppose for the little extra cost if it means less problems later on.
I need to read up on cccam / newcamd / c:line's / n:lines. Its a bit difficult because I haven't seen any of this yet but I can normally get my head round these things once they're in front of me.

Thanks again :)

Thanks everyone :)

Easy enough to get a 1m dish at the start I suppose for the little extra cost if it means less problems later on.
I need to read up on cccam / newcamd / c:line's / n:lines. Its a bit difficult because I haven't seen any of this yet but I can normally get my head round these things once they're in front of me.

Thanks again :)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/235199/

this is how to connect a newcamd server which i followed and it worked first time mate

As soon as you get one post away we will try to help you if you get stuck mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back