Connection

humptidumpti

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I've a DM500-s, I'm on an internet WiFi connection and dont have access to the router. Now that I have downloaded operating software, will the null modem cable sufice to install the Gemini os and the cams?

yes for os.

when you have installed the os,fire up 'your' wifi connection and press you blue button to installl cccam and cccam.cfg.
You can of coarse manually install cccam.

yes for os.

when you have installed the os,fire up 'your' wifi connection and press you blue button to installl cccam and cccam.cfg.
You can of coarse manually install cccam.

That would be a little difficult cos the dm500s does'nt have wi-fi, to use your router you need the 500 connected to the router with an ethernet cable and communication set to the routers address, you could also use an ethernet cable from the pc direct to the 500 and use dcc, you will need to set a static IP address on the 500 for DCC to find it.
You can only use the 'bue button' if the 500 is connected to the router and the router is connected to the internet.

just connect through laptop/computer (although i'd hazard a guess it's a lappie),most have ethernet connection or get a wireless bridge.

If he is going to use the dreambox to it's full potential they you need to have it connected to the net.

I'd just assumed that he has the knowledge to connect a non-wifi ethernet connection, to a wifi connection.

Hi Guys

Don,t know if this will help , but i have my 7020 connected via wi-fi , i have two
power line ethernet adapters connected, one to the hub and the other to the
7020 and they plug straight in the wall sockets and work great.

Fezzy

Back