Confused newbie? FTP too complicated? Try this...

it looks good for people who find ftp hard, i think if there was an extra 2 buttons 1 for backup service and the other to back up booteque (sp) it would be a good all round prog

as for the program crashing and not repsonding, be patient leave it for ten minutes completely and on your return you should have joy.

this app looks good I think it could be better if it had a list of images to choose and auto fills out the ip etc.

123 Dbox

HI Speedy,
do you have another version of 123 DBOX as this one seems to be corrupted,

Cheers,

DB
...My latest VB program, designed to help all newbies that feel confused or cannot get FTP working for whatever reason. This is just a quick mock-up version that took about 10 minutes to make - I may improve it further if I get bored again.

EASY 123-DBOX

This program handles the upload of:
- Services.xml files
- Bouquets.xml files
- Image files (transfer to /tmp)

Anyway, here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

easy_123.jpg

How simple can you get? All you do is enter the IP address of the DBOX, and hit the connect button. If the connection is successful, all the controls are enabled :)
From then on, just click the appropriate button to upload the file of your choice. This has got full error support and wont crash on you like Command Centre 1.0 did :)

You can also upload a new image to the box without using FTP, just hit the "Upload a new image file" button, choose the image, and you're away. All thats left to do is flash it via the on-screen menus.

The file attached is a ZIP file. Just extract ALL FILES to a folder on your system (the location is not important). Then double-click the "START" icon to run it.
I'm interested in what newbies think of this, so if you have any comments just drop them here for me to look at.

Regards,
Dizzy.

In what way is it corrupted
a bit more info on the problem you are having would help.

In fact its most probably the Comdlg32.ocx error you are getting.
Extract this into your system32 folder and try it again.

Last edited:
is this what your getting ?
" component comct32.ocx or one of its dependancies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid" .if it is there is a file you need to add i think i have it somewhere or maybe fergalsworld does

just realised it would be that i have put it above nao m8.

Back