Confused newbie? FTP too complicated? Try this...

handafc said:
Thanks wiggy9906 that did the job and it looks like the 123-DBOX SW is runnin ok now :)
next i have to flash my box right? or do i have to get the services and bouquets first?
andy.

Flash first m8

i'm back said:
Does this look a bit better??? :)
It would actually flash the image as well as transfer it, and would also show things on the TV/LCD when it's
working with the box etc.

genie_screenshot.jpg

Looks absoloute dogs bolloxs that one pal lets have it:Cheers:

Looks brilliant Liam, sure it will prove really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

i tried the program yesterday. It is good and easy to use without any hussle. In a longer run it will save some hussle free flashing.

Good m8.

i cant get it to work.

iv tried using easy 123 to do a re flash as i cant get the encrypted channels on and flashing assistant wont work on my pc 4 some reason. but it keeps comin back saying failed to find d-box. im wondering if this is because my internet comes of a ntl modem rather than the diggi box. cud this b the problem anybody?

You need to disable all network adapters in your system other than the one you are using to connect to the DBOX. On that connection, you must assign a STATIC IP ADDRESS, which is (preferably) one digit below that of the IP of the DBOX.

This is true for all FTP, IFA and connectivity software. You may also have a firewall or something like an antivirus blocking the connection.

Ditto what I'm Back says and don't forget to use the same Subnet Mask on box and PC, ie. 255.255.255.0 Chris :)

trinitys_mate said:
thanks im back and ginger chris. ur all stars on this forum.

LOL. Hello again, can I just clear something up?

Do I take it correctly that you have succeded and are thanking us or is that a sarcastic way of saying that we have just stated the bleeding obvious and you already knew that? LOL.

If it did help then good on ya! Chris :)

looks great mate, but i wish i could also download as well as upload. or some sort of backup.

Raven3k said:
looks great mate, but i wish i could also download as well as upload. or some sort of backup.

Sounds like a good idea, and would be easy to implement =)

Y

dizzy tried this on 2 boxs 2 day f*****g hell m8 its excellent quick question for you when i uzipped it there were 2 in there is that right there was 123 d box and start ???anyway worked a treat m8

going to give it a go later as i need to clear stuff of my pc but it looks cool and thanks for taking the time i'm back :Clap:
cheers johny48

OK I tried this today with a null modem cabel and a cross-over ethernat connected but it didn't connect and i tried it without the null modem cabel but with the ethernet cabel , still no connection. :(
I changed the ip address to +1/-1 & = to that of the box on each different configuration (thats 6 different ways) but it still didn't connect, I havent tried it yet with the plain old 9pin-9pin serial cable.
I changed the speed to 10Full duplex but still no luck.

Has anybody got any ideas for me to flash this box or do i have to go the long way round and use other flashing programs now?
Any help please. :)
andy.

Its just a basic FTP client in disguise. If this isnt working then its likely that other FTP software wont work either. Disable all firewalls, make sure you have set your network adapter to STATIC IP, and that you have temporarily disabled your internet connection (if this applies to you).

Nice prog, tho it throws a run-time error '32755' when you cancel an upload.

Peace

CR.

cheers, from confused newbie

Just like to say THANKS VERY MUCH, Dizzy.
I am definetly a newbie and I've just used your lovely little program to flash the new commando image . your program worked great and it was simple enough for even me to use.
Thanks again ,m8.:Clap:

only prob with this is that both dbox and pc have to be on same network for it to work. Im going to write a script using netsh that will put the pc onto the same network as the defualt addresses for popular images. Just need to suss out all permutations of adapter name.

I have used it for uploading services.xml and bouquet. When i try to upload image, it always crashed, "not-responding".

any ideas why?

Back