Other Computer screen cleaner

miggy

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, can anyone recommend a really good screen cleaner? it is to do all the computers in the offices at work. I tried one from the pound shop and it smudged like mad. I need something on a large scale as this is a twice a week application and something that is quick and very effective to use. Thank you in advance.

Servisol do a wonderful product called 'Foam Cleanser 30'. I've used it for years on TV screens and the like, great at dissolving years of nicotine and other household grime. Failing that even Windowlene (trigger spray) does a not bad job if the screen isn't too dirty in the first place.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Out of interest- what do your co-workers do exactly that requires their screens to be cleaned twice week? : tosser :???

Servisol do a wonderful product called 'Foam Cleanser 30'. I've used it for years on TV screens and the like, great at dissolving years of nicotine and other household grime. Failing that even Windowlene (trigger spray) does a not bad job if the screen isn't too dirty in the first place.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Out of interest- what do your co-workers do exactly that requires their screens to be cleaned twice week? : tosser :???

They are all touch screen m8. They are full of greasy fingerprints. :(

Works fine on the imac screen but not on an LED screen unless you remove the LEDs' first and top up later.
With LCD screens simply press a clean sponge lightly against the screen to absorb the liquid, clean the screen with the foam cleanser then reapply the sponge and squeeze gently to reapply the liquid to the screen.

Alternatively ignore the above drivel and just use the cleanser which is okay on both. :proud:

Thanks for that Chookey, I'll take your good advice and only use it on my iMac, I will find another alternative for the Samsung UE55ES8000 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV.

Many thanks.

I use some water and small amount of white vinegar does a great job :)

Just straight distilled water works wonders.

I occasionally just resort to my breath and a microfibre cloth! :D But I doubt I'd do that in an office.

My preference tends to be isopropyl alcohol dabbed very lightly on the screen (not so it soaks the screen) and a microfibre cloth (not the fluffy type but the smooth type of material).

I came across isopropyl alcohol swabs some years ago when I needed to clean one of my remote controls. It was/is handy using a small swab to get around the smaller areas and wipe everything. They can be too wet at first but they dry out within a few minutes depending on the environment (say up to 10 minutes maximum). I have managed to save a few remote controls, even one that was considered "dead" by a family member!

Now I use isopropyl alcohol swabs for various electronics including general cleaning overall in the small sense as a small swab isn't necessarily good for large items such as a window. ;)
For larger items or jobs, you could buy isopropyl alcohol in bottles which you could perhaps pour a little bit on a larger microfibre cloth but I have yet to do that myself.

I have heard of distilled water being decent enough but I tend to forget to buy some or I forget I have it etc. :S

I am intrigued by the foam cleanser and will aim to take a look at the product. :)

ROBsLab :cool:.

Back