Complete Noob 1st flash

npjhome

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

Complete noob to all this but as I am unable to see some channels as per my post (BT sport, LFC etc) decide to flash my box for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time tonight.

I have a dreambox HD800se guess it’s a clone (bought from Japan sunray) a hard drive (think 120gb) and a usb 16Gb stick

After a lot of reading the process will be as follows:-

· 1. Flash using DigitalWorldz Dream 800SE v1.1 Image
· 2. [BackUp] DW v1.1 (How do I do this?)
· 3. Flash SSL84b After Flashing BackUp Image (do I put the dream box back into boot mode for this)
· Sort Picons, CrossEPG and timeshift didn’t even know my box could do this

Wish me luck

Hi all

Complete noob to all this but as I am unable to see some channels as per my post (BT sport, LFC etc) decide to flash my box for the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] time tonight.

I have a dreambox HD800se guess it’s a clone (bought from Japan sunray) a hard drive (think 120gb) and a usb 16Gb stick

After a lot of reading the process will be as follows:-

· 1. Flash using DigitalWorldz Dream 800SE v1.1 Image
· 2. [BackUp] DW v1.1 (How do I do this?)
· 3. Flash SSL84b After Flashing BackUp Image (do I put the dream box back into boot mode for this)
· Sort Picons, CrossEPG and timeshift didn’t even know my box could do this

Wish me luck

First thing you need to know is the sim type

Sim 2
Ferrari or other

Sim 2 boxes usually have a sim2 sticker in gold underneath.

If not take the lid off and describe the sim card to us.

Last edited:
Thanks Ferret, I think its sim 2 (in work now so cant check) ordered Feb 2012 from dreambox800

Product: Dreambox 800SE DM 800-SE DM800SE HD PVR - Tuner: DVB-S Tuner

Image on now the dreambox now DreamboxUK_v2.1_DM800SE-simSSL-84a-by+sat+gr

Thanks Ferret, I think its sim 2 (in work now so cant check) ordered Feb 2012 from dreambox800

Product: Dreambox 800SE DM 800-SE DM800SE HD PVR - Tuner: DVB-S Tuner

Image on now the dreambox now DreamboxUK_v2.1_DM800SE-simSSL-84a-by+sat+gr

Yeah it is sim2 mate with that image you have on and bootloader so all you have to do is follow the instructions supplied with the DW image.

Flash image but do not reboot the box

Restart flashing and flash the ssl84b bootloader then reboot.

Yep so you have DM800se clone sim 2 ssl84a

flash tutorial.
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/287036/

basically in flash mode flash bootloader ssl84b then your image that matches ssl84b and sim 2 then flash bootloader again for luck.do this on same flash page using back button after each succesfull flash,then after the last reboot.
i recommend you flash a backup image as everything is done for you what you requsted but just check out downloads.
Dreambox DM800SE Clone Images - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community

Last edited by a moderator:
[i recommend you flash a backup image as everything is done for you what you requsted but just check out downloads.
Dreambox DM800SE Clone Images - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for this I only have a Sly dish so just looking for 28.2 on the downlaods page the most popular is:-

sticky.gif
'[BackUp] DW v1.1 ** : DigitalWorldz V1.1 Backup Working Catchup Plugins I have been reading of the problems members of D ... [more] (46.99 MB)'

If I used this would I need to fisrt flash with :-

'DigitalWorldz Dream 800SE v1.1 Image'1

Sorry confused now

He will need to flash ssl84b first ;)

Strange before and after hes already on 84a so should not need to flash the 84b first just after because the image does not have the sim2 ssl in.

You would only need to flash the 84ssl before if your current image was 82 or lower.

Or is there something about this image im not aware of ?

Strange before and after hes already on 84a so should not need to flash the 84b first just after because the image does not have the sim2 ssl in.

You would only need to flash the 84ssl before if your current image was 82 or lower.

Or is there something about this image im not aware of ?

He's on 84a not 84b,different ssl m8,

If going down from 84b to 84a it seems to work without flashing ssl before image but not the other way round,

At least in my experience that's the way it's worked, but don't mind been proved wrong as I can be a bit pedantic at times lol

He's on 84a not 84b,different ssl m8,

At least in my experience that's the way it's worked, but don't mind been proved wrong as I can be a bit pedantic at times lol

As long as he is above 82 no need to flash 84 ssl first

Regularly go up and down the bootloaders and no need to flash 84b if your already on 84 or 84a

As long as he is above 82 no need to flash 84 ssl first

Regularly go up and down the bootloaders and no need to flash 84b if your already on 84 or 84a

Interesting m8,don't go up and down bootloader anymore tbh but my experience of it was different, but then again that's linux boxes for you lol

Interesting m8,don't go up and down bootloader anymore tbh but my experience of it was different, but then again that's linux boxes for you lol

Well in the interest of making sure I was not talking rubbish. I got in from work flashed a 84a image booted it flashed the DW image followed by the ssl84b and its up and running fine.

So there is no need to flash any bootloader with the members current image been on 84a.

Hope that clears this up.

Well in the interest of making sure I was not talking rubbish. I got in from work flashed a 84a image booted it flashed the DW image followed by the ssl84b and its up and running fine.

So there is no need to flash any bootloader with the members current image been on 84a.

Hope that clears this up.

Never thought you were talking rubbish m8 but that was just my experience

Success!!!! well nearly

Sorted everything EPG / timeshift.

I have found SKY 2 HD (SKY 2 works) and LFC TV are not working also no EPG showing for these (although it wasn’t with the last image) so went to do an auto scan and I get the green screen of death.

Any help please

Success!!!! well nearly

Sorted everything EPG / timeshift.

I have found SKY 2 HD (SKY 2 works) and LFC TV are not working also no EPG showing for these (although it wasn’t with the last image) so went to do an auto scan and I get the green screen of death.

Any help please

looks like you have used to much system space.you need to make sure epg data etc is being stored on your external drives not internal flash....

You have me wrong I am unable to scan I get a green screen

The channels that don't work don't have EPG showing (LFC etc). I have a 4 gb USB for piscina and EPG and a hard drive for time shift how do I scan for the channels

The channels that don't work don't have EPG showing (LFC etc). I have a 4 gb USB for piscina and EPG and a hard drive for time shift how do I scan for the channels

menu/setup/service searching/full scan
also i dont know what image you have but if you have tspanel plugin installed then remove/uninstall it and see.

This with a manual scan or auto ?

Have you tried Rat's Bouquet Updater ?

Back