Commando v14 for the Dreambox 500s

I've just been testing the re-boot script, seems that when the box re-boots CCcam starts again initially but when the EPG processing kicks in it stops working and doesn't come back up when its finished. I dont know if this is because I have put 180 odd channel mappings in but CCcam still shows as running when you check the softcam menu and if you stop and start it again it comes back up fine.

I have tried putting these 2 files in /var/tuxbox/plugins chmod to 755 and set a timer to run 20 mins after the restart but never worked:

Restartcccam.cfg

type=2
name=Restarts CCcam
needfb=0
needrc=0
needvtxtpid=0
needoffsets=0

Restartcccam.sh

killall CCcam
./var/bin/emu/CCcam

180 channels is pushing it regarding onbox epg processing. 150 should be a safe number of channels without any issues, but anything between 150 and 180 and you are starting to push the box's limited memory to more than it can handle. processing too many channels will cause box to start to terminate other running processes when memory starts to run low. dont forget the box only has 32meg memory for all processes and epg processing is attempting onbox parsing of a whopping 15meg uncompressed epg data file. its pretty much a miracle that 2 days epg for 150 channels can be parsed out of a 15meg data file onbox using so little ram at all.

It will do it though and if its in the middle of the night nobody will notice, just need to restart the cam when its finished so need a script to do it automatically or would you say its not recommended?

It will do it though and if its in the middle of the night nobody will notice, just need to restart the cam when its finished so need a script to do it automatically or would you say its not recommended?

yes, i would recomend processing 180 epg channels without any cam running.

try editing the end of the neuxmlepg script file /var/bin/neuxmlepg

first turn cam off via SoftCam menu and turn on the epg load at startup feature.

edit the bottom of the neuxmlepg script file so that it restarts the epg and then starts the cam:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

box can now be reboot with auto epg procesing and cam is enabled at end of the epg processing.

LraiZer- there might be a small flaw there, m8... Prior to the reboot, switching the cam off in the Softcam Menu will remove the /var/etc/.cccam flag, so that on the restart, miniops start will find no cam is required. It then moves on to your conditional delayed auto EPG load.

At the end of that process, you now start the cam manually. But what will the Softcam Menu then display? No cam resident and active, or CCcam? Just wondering if we need to augment the reboot script like so:
Code:
and then add one more line to your neuxmlepg script tweak:
Code:

Or aren't the displayed contents of the Softcam Menu dependant on this flag, and I'm talking out of my arse once again?

Cheers- AL :)

CCcam would still show in SoftCam Menu without your edits AL, but CCcam would appear as OFF when infact it was ON. if you want the Softcam Menu to show correct settings then your edits would be required. the only problem with your additional edits is WHAT IF box is reboot/powered off WITHOUT using the reboot plugin, then CCcam would be back to running at startup before epg processing takes place and we are back to the scenario we are trying to avoid here?

Hmmm... There's no 'one size fits all' solution to this, is there, LraiZer?

Suddenly, the concept of doing the epg load in Standby Mode (rather than at boot) is beginning to look more appealing, m8. Especially as the standby.on script could first turn OFF whatever emu is running, before your epg load script is called...

And then standby.off could call miniops start to fire up the emu again on wake-up. But some protection would be needed for premature wake-up by the user, before epg has finished loading. I think we already have some ideas for this, don't we?

Wow sorry guys didnt want to open up a can of worms !!! :)

Think I will just stick to the default mappings for now (which are still great by the way !!) until I find something that is solid and I know will work 100%

something new TC is working on, thanks to Lraizer and Satsearching

57219d1297978785-commando-v14-dreambox-500s-lraizer_infobar.jpg

if it dosn't get randomly deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry guys to raise a repeated point

I just cant get my head around installing cccam and which version to use and its extensions

I've tried with extracting all from zip and rar to a folder called CCcam and placed in the var/bin/emu folder
also edited CCcam.cfg file with my c: line (known working) it allows me to start cccam in
blue menu but nutting!!

any guideline would be appreciated

cheers tonto

just wondering why the signal info is placed where it is, as opposed to the pic below could it be yous have got img to recognise png picons ;) so signal info had to go elsewhere or can that be placed anywhere?

41942.png

Last edited:
just wondering why the signal info is placed where it is, as opposed to the pic below could it be yous have got img to recognise png picons ;) so signal info had to go elsewhere or can that be placed anywhere?

Please understand that the screeny depicted in Renny's post above is very much beta development, and one of various ideas we're kicking around. Yes, we're trying to reserve the top left box of the Infobar for picons. No, png 256 color enigma picons cannot yet be made to work in neutrino.

In fact, something is seriously broken in the neutrino graphics handling engine. It's why PictureViewer and yWeb screenshots are dysfunctional. TuxWeather probably won't work either, but I haven't got around to trying this yet...

Here's a 'wish-list' mock-up of how I'd like to see the Infobar looking, when 'Show Satellite' is toggled On in OSD > Infobar

attachment.php

and how it would look when the feature is switched Off:

attachment.php

But as I say, this only my suggestion, and I'm no coder. So it's entirely up to the rest of T-C what format for Sats Info in the Infobar is eventually hard-coded into the next alpha release.

thanks AL that info bar looks much better, the png icons doesnt matter to much, as the dm500 recognizes RAW icons which im using the now,, is there anywhere i can get hold of a recent updated batch, iv tried converting the png's to neutrino raw format using Neutrino Graphics Creator but cant get the resolution right , Regards

57220d1297979729-commando-v14-dreambox-500s-sats-infobar-2.jpg

Re: the censor's comment in post #97 above-

'Hotlink' - another name for 'Hyperlink'. Definition of 'Hyperlink':

A hyperlink is a word, phrase, or image that you can click on to jump to a new document or a new section within the current document. Hyperlinks are found in nearly all Web pages, allowing users to click their way from page to page. Text hyperlinks are often blue and underlined, but don't have to be. When you move the cursor over a hyperlink, whether it is text or an image, the arrow should change to a small hand pointing at the link. When you click it, a new page or place in the current page will open.

Hyperlinks, often referred to as just "links," are common in Web pages, but can be found in other hypertext documents. These include certain encyclopedias, glossaries, dictionaries, and other references that use hyperlinks. The links act the same way as they do on the Web, allowing the user to jump from page to page. Basically, hyperlinks allow people to browse information at hyperspeed.

I don't recall placing active clickable hyperlinks in my screenshots above- so what on earth is going on here, please?

I chose the word hotlink not hyperlink for a reason
hotlink: Definition from Answers.com If you change the picture on the other site then the change would show here hence why I chose hotlink and not hyperlink.

Your links were to files on the other site and the address could be read down the bottom of my browser.

I don't know why your giving the impression that I have an issue with the other site, it is common knowledge that I am active on there as scruff1963, I am also mentioned in post 1 of this thread
<snip>

With Thanks to LraiZer, PaphosAL, Satsearching, Scruff.

<snip>

I am not anti the other site, the dw dm500 releases have links to the other site and I believe this is the correct thing to do.

The rules here state quite clearly https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/155604/
Rule 3 # Do not place advertising links to other forums of a similar nature (or content) to ours.

This includes screenshots showing the url or linking to files on other sites.

some more definitions of hotlinking
BetterWebSpace - Betterwebspace - Tutorials - Hotlink Protection
Hotlinking and Bandwidth Theft - What is it?
What is a Hotlink?

Have Fun

Back