Commando v14 for the Dreambox 500s

yes, a bit of box control lag will be experienced for the first few minutes during epg processing.

during the first 3-4 mins of the onbox epg processing the proccessor is attempting to analyse a whopping 15 megabytes of epg data. this part of the process is pushing the box to it memory limits for a max 150-180 channels to convert and load 2days epg from rytec online epg database.

great work to all involved, hard work appreciated, iv never liked the enigma images, my 500 freezes sometimes after it has downloaded the epg and starts initiallizing, i think the commado 12 epg setup ie. manually installing the NeuXmlEPG-(rytec2day)-v1-0 plugin runs alot smoother when starting and downloading even after mapping 180 channels so is that maybe an option to go back to that way? if to many users get same prob, regards

this is exactly the same epg plugin, the only difference is it has been pre-loaded in this image. the rytec 1.8 meg uk database file has recently gone from taking 10 secs to nearly 1min to download for me though, so you may also just be experiencing temporary slow download issues.

this is exactly the same epg plugin, the only difference is it has been pre-loaded in this image. the rytec 1.8 meg uk database file has recently gone from taking 10 secs to nearly 1min to download for me though, so you may also just be experiencing temporary slow download issues.

yous will know more than me but iv had C12 back in my box earlier to check an for me bud it defo starts, runs, an loads a bit smoother, not that big a deal tbh but there is a noticible difference, so im not sure why and how it happens as iv not got a clue how to even start building an image, yous will understand more of how is put together

In fact to play safe, we slimmed LraiZer's EPG channel map down a bit from it's original 180 channels, to 109. This was mainly by removing the non-movies +1 channels etc.

But I believe LraiZer might be working on an alternative metod of loading the Rytec EPG. As well as manually, via the Main Menu script, or automatically after boot- a third option would be possible...

To load it during Standby Mode, just like we used to in the good old dBox2 days in Commando, Virgin+ and Enigtrino. If this tests out successfully, and is bullet-proof, it will of course find it's way into C14.3

Cheers- AL (who has never posted an active link to another board on here in his life, but have got 100 lines for doing so...)

:)

Anyone tried using this as a cccam server?

How is it?

the commando 12 epg setup with the NeuXmlEPG-(rytec2day)-v1-0 plugin is good as the freeview channels epg shows even without an internet connection which is handy for anyone whos internet is down or using as a freeview box, also means you dont have to map as many channels

and to go back to my last post (#43) i re-flashed my box earlier with the C14.2 image again an set it up without adding my own services with 28.2, 19, 13e and the epg starts, runs, an loads much better, dont get any probs with C12 with my services though, regards

But, how about Usals?

Not many neurtino images support usals (goto x). LraiZer has done some cracking work porting Usals into this image.

Is anyone using Usals now in this image?

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm sort of aware of that m8.

I have a different username here m8. I'm keen to see some usals feedback.

no offence ment m8y, i will be getting a motorised dish later this year and will be using commando so i hope usals works fine as well

Last edited:
no offence ment m8y, i will be getting a motorised dish later this year and will be using commando so i hope usals works fine as well

Not offended at all m8, we appreciate that you have given some feedback and have tried the image, so I thank you for that (unlike others and the puppet).

The guys behind it need feedback like this for the good of the scene to improve, we are all hobby guys and do it for nothing....

Feedback, good or bad is taken in m8

SS

Last edited:
The usals worked fine for me once I remembered to turn gotox on :)
I set my lat/long
turned on goto x (in the end)
then just changed sat and scanned for channels.

Using an openmedia dm500 clone and a tm2300 motor.
Only tested 28.2, 19.2, 13 and 0.8 but was all good though after 0.8 it said no channels found but showed them anyway ?
remote unresponsive after a scan but soon settles down, it may have been me being impatient while it resorted the channel listings.

I think it should be mentioned in dispatches that the main porting of the usals code was carried out by LraiZer, who has a fixed dish. So to a large extent, the poor bloke was devving blind. Both Satsearching (Boswell on here) and Renny have motorized dishes, so were the ones helping LraiZer with testing and feedback.

Satsearching/Boswell then made a final breakthrough with a code tweak that LraiZer liked, and transformed the beta into release standard. Good work for a guy who's noted for his Enigma images, but relatively new to Neutrino coding...

But C14 / C14.2 usals feedback would be appreciated, as there has to be more DM500S users out there on motorized setups than just SS and Renny?

Cheers- AL :)

Anyone think this will ever come out for the 800hd ??

great image

well done guys

Installed Commando 14.2 on a spare Dm500 I had lying around last night. Looks a lot like the cable Neutrino DW image. Havent had a proper play yet...but didnt get CCAM working...dropped the CCam.tar file into /var/bin/emu switched CAM on from extras menu...and it's not working.
config file in /var/etc and also /var/bin/emu. I created a test C-line, my server is local to my LAN. Doesnt seem to be clearing anything though.
Can you upload standard bouquets from the B16 MCC tool to this image to get Sly channel numbering, line you can on E1 images ??

Installed Commando 14.2 on a spare Dm500 I had lying around last night. Looks a lot like the cable Neutrino DW image. Havent had a proper play yet...but didnt get CCAM working...dropped the CCam.tar file into /var/bin/emu switched CAM on from extras menu...and it's not working.
config file in /var/etc and also /var/bin/emu. I created a test C-line, my server is local to my LAN. Doesnt seem to be clearing anything though.
Can you upload standard bouquets from the B16 MCC tool to this image to get Sly channel numbering, line you can on E1 images ??

did you set the chmod on the cam .?

you can convert the enigma to neutrino useing bouqet wizzard

did you set the chmod on the cam .?

you can convert the enigma to neutrino useing bouqet wizzard

No I didnt chmod the cam, I will try changing it to 757 or 777 and see if it's any different.

you need to extract the cam from the rar first, then ftp it to /var/bin/emu

it needs to be named exactly so CCcam

you need to extract the cam from the rar first, then ftp it to /var/bin/emu

it needs to be named exactly so CCcam

The cam is extracted from the rar, it's in tar.gz format. renamed it CCcam. The cam is listed in the softcam menu and I can start the CAM from the softcam menu. Doesnt seem to be clearing any channels though...or even reporting as connected to my server.

This is CCAM 2.2.1 intrestingly looks like the softcam menu,,,reports it as a different version as well...it doesnt say 2.2.1... Has anyone got this version of CCAM working on Commando 14.2 ? Maybe it just doesnt like this version...or maybe im using an incorrect version..it;s an E1 version. Works fine on OpenPLI images.

Last edited:
Back