Commando v14 for the Dreambox 500s

The cam is extracted from the rar, it's in tar.gz format. renamed it CCcam. The cam is listed in the softcam menu and I can start the CAM from the softcam menu. Doesnt seem to be clearing any channels though...or even reporting as connected to my server.

This is CCAM 2.2.1 intrestingly looks like the softcam menu,,,reports it as a different version as well...it doesnt say 2.2.1... Has anyone got this version of CCAM working on Commando 14.2 ? Maybe it just doesnt like this version...or maybe im using an incorrect version..it;s an E1 version. Works fine on OpenPLI images.

sometime get that prob as well with channels not clearing but after reseting the cam it can take more than 30 secs to clear, its never not cleared,
also iv put in CCam 2.4.1 but it shows up on box as lower 2.0.11,
as to the sky bouquets bud when you convert the sky services an bouquets with Bouquet Wizard it doesnt keep the sky number format, starts from number 1 up

sometime get that prob as well with channels not clearing but after reseting the cam it can take more than 30 secs to clear, its never not cleared,
also iv put in CCam 2.4.1 but it shows up on box as lower 2.0.11,
as to the sky bouquets bud when you convert the sky services an bouquets with Bouquet Wizard it doesnt keep the sky number format, starts from number 1 up

Cheers...I will have another play tonight and maybe try CCcam 2.1.4 as well, dont like the idea of not having sly style numbering kind of used to that now..so probably end up keeping OpenPLI on the 500S. Looks like the Cam version reporting in the Softcam menu is just a ineutrino "bug" then,,,I was thinking maybe I downloaded the wrong version cam or something...

is there anyway to incorprate a signal meter in the info bar like in the Neutrino Dream img (like pic below) found this very helpfull when first started setting up dishes not much need for it just now but for setting up and using a motorised dish, think it could be very handy

Cheers...I will have another play tonight and maybe try CCcam 2.1.4 as well, dont like the idea of not having sly style numbering kind of used to that now..so probably end up keeping OpenPLI on the 500S. Looks like the Cam version reporting in the Softcam menu is just a ineutrino "bug" then,,,I was thinking maybe I downloaded the wrong version cam or something...

Ok, I can confirm Commando 14.2 does work with CCcam 2.2.1 and 2.1.4. Currently running fine on 2.2.1. I was extractng the tar.gz file from the rar and putting that on the box...needed to extract the bin file from inside the tar.gz file...Also changed the permissions to 777.

Just tested the EPG script, it works. Now if only this image had sly style numbering, I would swap it for the OpenPLI MaxVar image I currently run on my 500S recievers. Must be a way to generate bouquets with sly style numbering,

Last edited:
755 would have worked just as well for the permissions for the cam.

thebigman

In fact, you don't even have to bother with chmod 755 for the emu, as when you activate the emu in the Softcam Menu, the coding for that menu (which is buried inside the neutrino binary) does that for you! I tested this feature, and it works fine.

Peeps who are trying to get a CCcam.tar.gz file working in /var/bin/emu must remember that tar.gz is a Linux-compressed archive file, similar to zip and rar. No way can it function in that state! WinRAR can be used to extract tarball archives to their full-size executeable format.

Emu versions are read from /var/etc/emu_versions.txt - and are NOT 'dynamic'. This part of the menu coding was never finished off properly. Lraizer is currently working on making the exact cam version in use be reported to the menu dynamically. Well, at least for the five most popular emus in circulation. We hope to roll this out in the 14.3 release.

As for channel numbering, this is an old chestnut going back to the early days of neutrino dBox2, LOL! I stand to be corrected, but there is no hard-coding method of making neutrino start at any other channel number than 1.

But I do recall someone finding a 'dirty' workaround. I think this entailed something along the lines of making the first bouquet called 'Crap' with channels 1-100 being all crap channels, (not too difficult to populate, then!)- and then hiding that bouquet. So the channel listings then showed as 101 and up.

Cheers- AL :)

Cheers for the info Al. Is it not possible to create a set of bouquets like the B16 MCC bouquets. I believe they use blank place holder channels to pad out the unused numbers., so you can zap to a particular channel using the same channel numbers as an official reciever.

In Enigma you can manually set any channel you want as "startup service" so after a reboot it defaults to that channel. From your post you mentioned Neutrino doesnt have this feature, not so much of an issue..could always put BBC 1 on "1".

The other Bizarre thing about the Softcam menu is, you can throw any sort of file called "CCcam" into /var/bin/emu and it will show in the SoftCam menu and you can even start/stop the cam...theres no errors displayed to tell you that the file is not a valid executable, i.e; you can put a text file in /var/bin/emu and call it CCcam, and it will show in the SoftCam menu.

Last edited:
You have to remember the cam menu only calls a static name in a line of code as below

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

this allows for user error, we credit the commando users with some intelligence, this means we rely on them extracting the file and using the correct name ( which is stated in the release notes)

Cheers for the info Al. Is it not possible to create a set of bouquets like the B16 MCC bouquets. I believe they use blank place holder channels to pad out the unused numbers., so you can zap to a particular channel using the same channel numbers as an official reciever.

I'm sure something like that might be possible, if there are any volunteers to give it a try? Background Scanning would most likely need to be switched OFF, as this would probably screw up the setup completely. And who would keep the package maintained and regularly updated, for when channels become obsolete, new channels added, and service Sids / Tids change? Not me, that's for sure! I'm busy enough as it is, LOL!

In Enigma you can manually set any channel you want as "startup service" so after a reboot it defaults to that channel. From your post you mentioned Neutrino doesnt have this feature, not so much of an issue..could always put BBC 1 on "1".

Of course you can do this in Neutrino, in fact we've already set the startup channel to 1 = BBC ONE in the latest release! This can be turned off, or the startup channel can be changed to your prference, in Settings > Additional Settings > Zapit

The other Bizarre thing about the Softcam menu is, you can throw any sort of file called "CCcam" into /var/bin/emu and it will show in the SoftCam menu and you can even start/stop the cam...theres no errors displayed to tell you that the file is not a valid executable, i.e; you can put a text file in /var/bin/emu and call it CCcam, and it will show in the SoftCam menu.

That's quite true, but I concur with what Renny has replied above... There aren't many DM500 Neutrino images around that even give you a half-decent Softcam Menu GUI, are there? I'm sure you'd find exactly the same behaviour in OpenPLi as well, in terms of spoof emus.

Cheers- AL :)

Theres already the UK services database by B16 MCC that gets updated when channel frequencies and numbering changes, you can run the tool on PC to update the database and automatically create new bouquets. The tool is for mostly for E2 boxes, but works on E1 as well.

Would be good if the bouquets created by this tool could be converted to Neutrino format while keeping the sly numbering intact. Then end users can do the updates themselves when there is a need. This is how I currently keep my E1 bouquets up to date, with frequency/transponder changes etc.

Not sure about the SoftCAM menu on OpenPLI, it automates the softcam installs for you from the plugin panel, so theres minimal chance for user error. Althiugh after the IHAD/Gemini move to remove all SoftCAMS from the update servers for their images, quickly followed by VIX team..might well see this being adopted by most other teams as well.. Manual installs will be only option then.

the best way of dealig with CCcam though is simply ipaddress of dreambox and :16001 in web browser

will show immediately if it is active

Hi

the image is by far the best out of pli nabilo gp and the ur on the TM, i am biased as i had the dbox2 for nearly a decade.

but the audio is crackly compared to the jade
video seems overbright
and the audio on some channels is not there until you select audio and then english mtv base for example!

again would like to see it on tm 500 and tm 600 as the boxes seem to be a better quality than the dm500 clone i have.

great work guys !!

Hi

the image is by far the best out of pli nabilo gp and the ur on the TM, i am biased as i had the dbox2 for nearly a decade.

but the audio is crackly compared to the jade
video seems overbright
and the audio on some channels is not there until you select audio and then english mtv base for example!

again would like to see it on tm 500 and tm 600 as the boxes seem to be a better quality than the dm500 clone i have.

great work guys !!

Similar Audio issue exists on recent OpenPli images as well, no audio on music channels until you select it from the audio streams. Also defaults to audio decription on most channels and you have to manually switch it off.

Please confirm that once you've set Audio to 'English' on however many channels in the latest 14.2 release, the new settings are kept- and will remain after a menu reboot.

They should be. Cheers- AL :)

Hi

yeah if I change it to English then reboot the box when I switch to mtv base again it still is on english, but yesterday unless it was realy late and i was doing something stupid if i switched to another channel and then back to base to see if it stored it, it didnt ie i would have to reselect english,

cheers

Wow, seriously impressed with this image, everything setup and running perfect with minimum effort.

Great look and feel to this image, especially with the virgin skin, stops my dm500s from looking like the antique it really is lol

Only thing I was wondering is if there a way I can get the box to re-boot automatically at a set time each morning ??

...Only thing I was wondering is if there a way I can get the box to re-boot automatically at a set time each morning ??

Not as standard in Neutrino. But we came up with a neat solution for doing this in the old dBox2 Commando and Virgin+ images, by way of a Plugin.

I've just tested this out in C14.2 DM500S, and it works fine. Unrar the attached package and FTP the three files to /var/tuxbox/plugins

You need to chmod the reboot script and Reboot.so executeable to 755 - else they won't work!

Then go into the Services menu to 'Reload Plugins'. Then press Blue > Yellow for 'Timer List' - then Green to 'Add Timer'. Choose 'Execute Plugin' as the Timer Type, 'Daily' for the 'Repeat', set your desired time for the daily reboot, and finally, at the bottom, select 'Reboot dreambox' as the plugin to run.

And there you are- Bob's your cross-dressing Aunt! Simples.

The script includes some LraiZer-suggested code that allows zapit to tidy itself up before the reboot takes it by surprise. Something to do with if background scanning is enabled, if I remember correctly.

I think we'll use this plugin in 14.3 (and cron support, possibly)

Cheers- AL ;)

Thats perfect thanks, ftp'd onto the box ready for me to get home from work and test :)

You dont understand how much time this will save for me from my brother and sisters constantly bugging me, this is so much more user friendly for them aswell compared to anything else I have had on there for them, lose count of the amount of phonecalls I get for simplest of things when they panic and think they have broke the damn things haha

Box restarted every day for stability and full epg sorted downloaded everyday at say 4 in the morning so they dont notice a thing :)

thats great I think I will wait till the 14.3 to make sure i dont break anything!! lol

all those people wiv enigma type of images do not know what they are missing!!

I LOVE THIS IMAGE!!

best thing since sliced bread or even the WHEEL

yeh need to give credit to these guys for taking things and hand and sorting things out
only wish they could do an image for the tm 9100s
makes you nearly go out and buy a 500s to try it

Back