Commando v14 for the Dreambox 500s

Bandwidth theft, eh? Ellie has invented a new crime called 'Stealing from yourself'.

"If you change the picture on the other site then the change would show here"- But you can see (or could, if you'd double-checked) that the graphics there had the same unique filenames as the ones that were mirrored here. So any changes of that nature would have screwed up the thread there?

Talking of the thread there- 'Sat Signal Meter' (started by Renny), it's currently 54 posts long, all to do with design and enhancement for the DM500S Neutrino Infobar. Your contribution throughout has been 1 post, of eight words. Stating the obvious, that Rudbox is closed source...

Yet who was the very FIRST guy to download LraiZer's latest sats infobar diff? You guessed it- the same guy that I helped to defend against two money-making leechers (no names, no pack drill, they know who they are) who were mounting an onslaught against him for NOT releasing the DWZ image diffs... They even quoted the terms of the GNU General Public License, ffs!

I seem to remember a defence along the lines of 'I don't do diffs- I just mod'. Which struck a cord with me, as I'm the same. But suddenly, this person seems to know all about diffs. Strange...

Tell you what- in future, I'll attach screenies direct from my PC to your board. This will make it far easier for you to tamper with the original design with your dark blue felt tip, in order for you two show your members what YOU want them to see (in their next DWZ image?)- rather than what the OP wanted to show them from source.

As regards clickable direct links to other boards (something I am NOT guilty of, btw)- I suppose you're referring to posts like this one?

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/257972/#post1905951

I don't expect to win this debate, let alone get the last word, as past experience shows this to be an impossibility. But yes- it's all good fun.

Cheers- AL ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandwidth theft, eh? Ellie has invented a new crime called 'Stealing from yourself'.

"If you change the picture on the other site then the change would show here"- But you can see (or could, if you'd double-checked) that the graphics there had the same unique filenames as the ones that were mirrored here. So any changes of that nature would have screwed up the thread there?
It's not to do with stealing it's to do with linking to ukcvs with the full url, you can mention ukcvs as much as you like but not the full url even in a hotlink.

Talking of the thread there- 'Sat Signal Meter' (started by Renny), it's currently 54 posts long, all to do with design and enhancement for the DM500S Neutrino Infobar. Your contribution throughout has been 1 post, of eight words. Stating the obvious, that Rudbox is closed source...
I only post what I know, I hadn't a clue about the infobar so I downloaded so I could learn, it's what I do. I am self taught so look at how others do things as it aids the learning process for me.
Yet who was the very FIRST guy to download LraiZer's latest sats infobar diff? You guessed it- the same guy that I helped to defend against two money-making leechers (no names, no pack drill, they know who they are) who were mounting an onslaught against him for NOT releasing the DWZ image diffs... They even quoted the terms of the GNU General Public License, ffs!

I seem to remember a defence along the lines of 'I don't do diffs- I just mod'. Which struck a cord with me, as I'm the same. But suddenly, this person seems to know all about diffs. Strange...
If you go back through that thread you will find that what I stated was that the diffs were on ukcvs, it's more appropiate to post them on ukcvs as it is a technical forum where as on here nobody seems to be interested. We have had schools in the cable section for dbox2, dm500 and dm600 with little user response so put my stuff on ukcvs.

I even made a dm500 image which is still on ukcvs in honour of the commando team based on c10 before team commando had the slightest interest in dm500 images so i'm pretty offended that your trying to give the impression that I have a problem with team commando or ukcvs.

Tell you what- in future, I'll attach screenies direct from my PC to your board. This will make it far easier for you to tamper with the original design with your dark blue felt tip, in order for you two show your members what YOU want them to see (in their next DWZ image?)- rather than what the OP wanted to show them from source.
you can host them from anywhere except a similar forum.
When we asked the vix boys (vu+) they didn't find this a problem so I don't see why you do ?
As regards clickable direct links to other boards (something I am NOT guilty of, btw)- I suppose you're referring to posts like this one?

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/257972/#post1905951
Thats not a forum link so I fail to see the relevance
I don't expect to win this debate, let alone get the last word, as past experience shows this to be an impossibility. But yes- it's all good fun.
It's not about winning and losing, When I use ukcvs I obey the rules there. All i'm asking is that you respect our rules like I respect yours.
I'm not here to argue Al especially with you or any of the ukcvs boys, The fact that I give credit (full url in our release images in the info menu and the service menu) should show you that but it doesn't mean we stretch the rules for any group/team, I'm sorry if this upsets you but it's the way it is.

Cheers- AL ;)
I am obviously no longer wanted on ukcvs as you think I am only there to steal stuff so if you can delete my account it will stop these continued attacks as I am getting pretty fedup with your attitude to be honest.

I was modding for the dm500 before you were even interested in them and as I said making images in team commando's honour but if all you want to do is attack me all the time then I will stay here and you can bitch and whine about me all you like over there, I am sick and tired of your little rants.

I used to look upto you and respect you but I was obviously mistaken about you.

Richard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thats a real shame, another nail in the coffin of peeps spending free time doing fee dev work for the free scene.

I seen (Trader) devs totally dissapear as soon as improved encryption comes in. But this is just plain silly.

Don't you think no-body will gain from this? And the genuine enthusiasts will lose out with boxes not supported anymore?

Every time I see sillyness like this, it is full moon time, and guess what? It was yesterday!

Surley, we have the same goals here?

SS :grayno:

Last edited:
To be honest I am just sick and tired of Als rantings.

On ukcvs I gave the solution for swapping head.ko files and even tailored it so Al could keep his minimised squashedfs but all I got was grief.

Since 2006 anything I have done I have shared especially with renwich the sole surviving founder member of team commander and anybody else that wanted the code.

To have Al insinuate that I am on ukcvs to leech code is the final straw from him.

I am sick and tired of getting grief from him both on ukcvs when offering new code even when I have spent extra hours trying to keep him happy then again on here when he continually breaks the no links rule which causes me no end of embarassment when I get asked why is he allowed to link when others are not, the people asking know that i'm was an active member on ukcvs so it gives the apperance of favouritism.

He won't or can't see that he cannot link to the full url either in a hyperlink or a hotlink and just keeps argueing about it. I cannot play favorites so he has been banned and so I am not accused of leeching code I now cannot go onto ukcvs again.

As far as i'm concerned this is a no win situation but as Al refused to see sense this is the only answer I can see.

We look forward to seeing future commando releases on the forum as we will be releasing images, I will still pass stuff to renwich as I always have done but I will no longer be on ukcvs so members know that any new code after the new dw-sat version v1 will not have been leeched from ukcvs.

Not a good state of affairs but I won't have my integrity questioned (my spelling is crud though) so this is the only way forward I can see.

Last edited:
everything on UKCVS is GPL there is a Public SVN where all the changes are held, this is open to anyone so there can't possibly be any accusations of anyone leeching

the only leechers are the traders who use the resulting images or their own gains

This should have never have come to this , Al is a great guy, (maybe a little confused sometimes but we put that down to his age, )

if anything is leeched then its the original code that we cloned from the Tuxbox forum's cvs who have developed Neutrino and Enigma from scratch, but we ensure that they are credited and every modification is made public (usually after an image release)

Ellie, think about what you are saying here...... Any image from DW will have nothing from UkCvs? Really????

Lets be honest here, it will have input from UkCvs! Else it won't support things that your image needs to support (that it didn't support before)?

Look, you and AL go sort your issues. If ukcvs devs and others like you say they will go alone, then nothing will happen, the scene dies. Yes we learnt from your head.ko work. Will you use/learn from our keymapping, pmt, usals etc etc work that we made public on the svn and many other things ????

As you may know, we spent ages setting up an svn, I am no coder and I'm self taught too, sharing everything I have, trying to add improvements, not my day job, Renny, Laz, AL and others all contributing too.

The SVN is a result of a few of us having a go at coding improvements. I know you will use it, and you are free to use it for DW images.

If you are no longer going to visit Ukcvs, will you no longer use any work from there? Are you saying a DW image will have no input from ukcvs? Be honest!

Again, sillyness for the scene, be honest please..........!

I still think it is about a full moon though...

:handball:

SS

Last edited:
fs guyz

this has nothing to do with DW

personal clash here

unban him based on the contribution of the past 4 years or so

and ellie i remember you as a normal member on here in 2005 and you were so approachable until you got status

i was testing images for you - remember !

TBH, I think we will adapt the same stance now, no help from us posted on here in the future.

Bye chaps

Close the thread please if this is the attitude, bite the hand etc.......

SS

fs guyz

this has nothing to do with DW

personal clash here

unban him based on the contribution of the past 4 years or so

and ellie i remember you as a normal member on here in 2005 and you were so approachable until you got status

i was testing images for you - remember !

Last edited:
Jesus christ I cant believe I'm reading this,whats going on guys?

Two of the most respected image developers/modders slugging it out over some links to other sites,

I'm a member on both and greatly respect the two of you guys,yes AL can come across grumpy at times and yes ellie can appear stand offish (is that a word) too,but thats all smoke and daggers and both of you are good people behind it all,

so please sort this out if for nobodys sake but your own guys,

and for what its worth I think the whole no links to other sites is a stupid rule on any site,if your site is good enough you wont lose members,

hey maybe I'm too naive though :(

Ellie, think about what you are saying here...... Any image from DW will have nothing from UkCvs? Really????

Lets be honest here, it will have input from UkCvs! Else it won't support things that your image needs to support (that it didn't support before)?

<snip>

If you look at what I wrote I said
so members know that any new code after the new dw-sat version v1 will not have been leeched from ukcvs

@wiz59 I know I can be stand offish but if you look back through this thread I have gone out of my way to not be arguementative, When I edited the posts with renwich I just modified the piccy but with paphosal and m4rkyw I changed the piccy and asked them "no hotlinks to other forums please" I went out of my way not to be antagonistic. Al started to talk about censorship and posting the definition of a hyperlink ?, I had specifically said hotlink so he was just being arguementative. I tried to smooth it over by singing the praises of ukcvs but he then attacked me personally by saying I had downloaded the signal bar diff without contributing to the thread. Hard to contribute when you know nothing about it.
I believe that yes I can be stand offish but in this instance and previous ones with Al I have gone out of my way to be accomadating which has lead to him making personnal attacks in open forum against me which is not allowed on this site.

@mikes Yes it is a personnal clash which I have tried to avoid but have been pushed into a corner by Al on, I have bent the rules on more than 1 occasion in favour of ukcvs because I was an active member but havn't been shown the courtesy that when I have needed to enforce dw rules that Al has accepted them instead I have been attacked, if this is allowed to pass then it will be a free for all on here and that will not be allowed. When other teams have uploaded screendumps with the urls we remove those also (vix team for example (vu+)) they don't complain and accuse us of censorship and start to give definitions of totally unrelated words trying to pick a fight, they are as pleased to be able to post their images as we are honoured that they wish to post them here for users.

I have taken abuse before by pm from members and they have not been banned but if it is in open forum bans will be issued, there are at least 2 members in this section that know this to be true as I have recieved the sharp end of there tongues by pm and they are still here.

I'm still a normal member now but as a mod I have responsibilitys which changes my outlook on things.

I have changed his ban to 1 week in recognition of his contributions to the forum but he needs to understand that the rules are for everyone and he is not exempt.

hopefully to put an end to this :)

paphosal has been asked before about posting the full URL, be it click able or not is irrelevant the full URL was posted in some shape or form, picture being uploaded from there forum so when you hover the mouse over shows the URL location etc etc

this is not allowed on DW full stop and as said paphosal has been asked a few times to stop this
by myself (at first) and ellie had to edit them

when you get constantly ignored you do tent to be less tolerant and a little stand offish lol

if members just took the advice of Moderators it wouldn't come to this as an end result :( and you do find its members that Admin or Mod elsewhere that expect that little bit more

its all out in the open now so lets hope we can move on and the coders can still share there ideas and work together

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys to raise a repeated point

I just cant get my head around installing cccam and which version to use and its extensions

I've tried with extracting all from zip and rar to a folder called CCcam and placed in the var/bin/emu folder
also edited CCcam.cfg file with my c: line (known working) it allows me to start cccam in
blue menu but nutting!!

any guideline would be appreciated

cheers tonto

Tonto and Bigman; I am having the same problem, I can get cccam to work I have downloaded the correct files copied as per instructions changed permissions as per instructions, have a working c line just rebooted many times. Just cant get the channel to clear.

I have come over from dbox so love the interface feels like the old days would love to get this working want to watch the Irish parade on RTE.

Please help ;-(

You put the files(not a folder called cccam) in var/bin/emu maybe thats were you are going wrong.

You put the files(not a folder called cccam) in var/bin/emu maybe thats were you are going wrong.
Hi thanks for the response, I have now tested that I unpacked the tar file renamed it CCcam copied the whole folder which contained sub directories bin, script and uninstall. It still does not work plus it now does not tell me the version I am running.

CAn you think of anything else?

you only have to put CCcam (file not cfg) into var/bin/emu nothing else and change attributes to 755 then reboot box

Hi thanks for the response, I have now tested that I unpacked the tar file renamed it CCcam copied the whole folder which contained sub directories bin, script and uninstall. It still does not work plus it now does not tell me the version I am running.

CAn you think of anything else?
That is were you are going wrong the tar file is for installing it in a dreambox with a enigma image not commando (nuetrino image)
all you need to do is copy the cccam file out of the bin folder and put that in the var/bin/emu folder,
(do not create a folder just put the file in there) then put your config file in var/ect then select blue > extras menu > softcam menu and start the cam.

Last edited:
...and notice that Fergalsworld makes no mention of chmod 755 !! The reason for this, is that he knows the Softcam Menu code embedded in the Neutrino binary does this automatically for you, when you start the cam.

And thaanks to LraiZer, we now have automatic recognition of whatever softcam version you happen to be testing for educational purposes, at least for the three most popular ones! So if you're testing CCcam 2.2.1 - then that's the version number you'll see in the menu. A feature that tuxbox never got around to finishing off in the past, even on dBox2 images...

Cheers- AL ;)

Back