Commando v14.3 Neutrino for DM500s

ellie1998

Inactive User
Reaction score
Again the improvements continue and there is more to come

Change log

+ The password is now

in the ftp password.txt

+ Big thanks to LraiZer for the following enhancements (except where stated otherwise)

+ Satellite Info option in the Infobar- On by default, can be toggled Off in Settings > OSD > Infobar

+ Neutrino-style Progress bars in the Infobar, or pretty Coolstream-style colored dot matrix bars
Default is coloured bars- toggle to the other style in Settings > OSD > Colors

+ A nice workover of the Boot Logo (thanks to Satsearching)

+ Partition Map changed to take 128kb from var and give this to SquashFS root
(But don't worry- we still have a record-breaking 4.0MB writeable var partition!!)

+ The new SquashFS root size is 2,883,584 bytes (0x2C0000 hex) and we have 68kb free in there, for
future development.

+ Channel Icons active, and one for BBC2 included for starters. If you'd like more, then see Humforce's
post: ********** - View Single Post - Commando-12-DM500S The icons live in /var/etc/icons and must be
named EXACTLY the same as the corresponding TV channel, else they won't work.

+ LraiZer's very latest neuxmlepg version and Freesat-compatible epg mapping, with the latest Rytec
multiple random data download sources

+ Plus his bang-up-to-date services and bouquets

+ For mgcamd and evocamd users, the libcrypto file is now embedded in root

+ mkswap support in busybox added at Brandan's request

+ and version info for most popular Softcams is now automatically recognized in the Softcam menu. Oh,
and you don't need to bother to chmod 755 your cam, as the system does this for you!

ps- the top secret password for Telnet and FTP access is now in the ftp password.txt
Did we mention that already? Oh yeah, we did...
Previous version are here
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/255775/
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/254995/

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mate gunna test this out 2moro on my 500s.

much appreciated to all the guys who make these images!

Hi guys will I have to redo my cccam etc or will the new image leave those files intact?

Thanks

and thank you very much for the hard work!! this is image is amazing!!!!!

Hi, yes you will have to fta your cccam back on etc

And yes brilliant image many thanks to all involved!

Hi, does anyone know how to manually setup mgcamd 1.31 using this image?

The files i have are:

mgcamd131_mips
mgcamd131_ppc.zip
mgcamd131_ppc_old
mgcamd131_sh4

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know how to manually setup mgcamd 1.31 using this image?

The files i have are:

mgcamd131_mips
mgcamd131_ppc.zip
mgcamd131_ppc_old
mgcamd131_sh4

Thanks

try renaming mgcamd131_ppc_old to mgcamd and dropping it into /var/bin/emu/ and try dropping mg_cfg config file into /var/keys/

Last edited:
Good image, would be even better if sly channel numbers were implemented, you can do this in Enigma Images by inserting blank padding channels in the bouquets for spacing, B16 MCC tool creates E1 bouquets with the numbering intact. Not sure how this could be implemented for Neutrino though.

Also noticed when the Rytec update script is running it crashes the Softcam, which then needs to be restarted from softcam menu, probably because of resource usage while the script is processing (CPU and MEM).

Softcam detection is a nice touch, correctly identifies different versions of CCam.

v1.3 update to fix rytec random downloads

overwrite current /var/bin/neuxmlepg with this one and chmod 755

fixes the removal of two random download mirrors by rytec.
reworked random mirror generation code and offline re-connection attempts

Also noticed when the Rytec update script is running it crashes the Softcam, which then needs to be restarted from softcam menu, probably because of resource usage while the script is processing (CPU and MEM).

you can edit the /var/bin/neuxmlepg script file to use a network mounted folder instead of /tmp to hold the downloaded/processed data files which will give you an extra 2meg of memory during processing to help with resource usage.

DATA_path=/YOUR MOUNT FOLDER

Hi, has anyone got an up to date bouquets with European sats as well please?

Thanks

NeuXmlEPG (RYTEC2DAY) v1.5

Online EPG for Commando14 Dreambox 500 Satellite Image

install:
ftp install.tar to /var/etc/ then reboot box to install

required:
reboot box prior to processing epg to free box memory!
box must have an active connection to the internet!

press BLUE BUTTON > BLUE BUTTON > RED BUTTON to add current channel to the processing list for online epg.

select Load Online EPG at StartUP>ON and reboot box to have online epg auto download and run 60 seconds after you turn your box on. this is the recomended option!

only edit the following files if you need to make any manual modifications to the /var/etc/e1_UK.dat channel list file during an update latest rytec settings process:
/var/etc/e1_UK_add.dat
/var/etc/e1_UK_delete.dat

now automatically downloads and updates itself with latest rytec random server list and latest channel map list at the end of each month.

SGTFlipFlop Neutrino services

Hi, has anyone got an up to date bouquets with European sats as well please?

Thanks

SGTFlipFlop NEUTRINO 22.05.11 (Multi)

ftp bouquets.xml and services.xml to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/
ftp satellites.xml to /var/etc/

Re: SGTFlipFlop Neutrino services

Hi cannot seem to find sky box office to vie the haye fight on sat, have tried :

rescanning for all services and also checked that bouquets are not hidden etc,

is not possible to get this channel?

the box has maybe 8 sky box office channels ini the astar 28.2e bouquet but when i zap to them its just a blank screen no preview or anything??

any help much appreciated thanks

ps- the top secret password for Telnet and FTP access is now in the ftp password.txt

em i click on the ftp password.txt and just get a blank page come up can someone pm me passwards pls cheers tony

em i click on the ftp password.txt and just get a blank page come up can someone pm me passwards pls cheers tony

at the bottom of post number 1 in this thread there is a blue link to a file named password.txt click it the password is in there.

Just put this on a dm500 i got the wee lassies bedroom wow excellent image and dm500 are still excellent boxs especially for bedrooms. My mate got a openbox and i just couldnt live without a decent epg .

Hi Guys
Im totally new to all this, i just tried to install on a 500s using flashwizard pro (no connection on pc for null cable) and was given the error "it is too big for flash memory try using multi-boot" but not able to connect any external device to the box. Where do i go from here please?
P.S I have a friend who told me he knows someone with a dm500s and gets all channels free without a card or cardsharing is this possible?

Thanks

u could try a usb2serial i used to have one that works but lost it bought a cheap one from ebay and could not get to work,

If you can still boot up the box you can sometimes ftp the image onto the tmp folder and then upgrade image from that location within the box's menu.

Saw this aswell, it is taken from another forum so dont want to link it as not sure if allowed

Telnet Commands

To flash an image using Telnet

This method will only work with a .img image file.

Rename the image file to backup.img
FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
Telnet to your box and paste the following command:

Code: Check this link

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

To telnet, click START > RUN and type Telnet ip.address.of.dreambox
A command window will appear, enter username root and password dreambox.

Back