Commando 14.7 Scrambled bouquets

Hi guys, sorry, I'm away till tomorrow ....
I have the superhub connected to the 500 or 800 with a crossover cable....
I can then FTP etc wirelessly with the laptop.. But got no idea why I can do this on jade pki and dbuk on 800 but not commando.. I'll check the settings when I'm back

Cheers

May I ask why you are using a cross over network cable instead of a normal cable? This or your password seems to be the issue. The Commando image has no password by default. If you change teh IP address of the DM and connect use the old settings, the ftp program will use the password used with the last device on the same IP.

Before we tackle the ftp issue/laptop issue, can you check if the DM using Commando is assigned an IP address using DHCP? Check on the receiver as well as on the superhub itself.

Just an update....had another full rescan yesterday and everything working as it should so the problem disappeared as quickly as it appeared..i have no idea what went wrong unless it was just a signal issue.

Hey all sorry for the slow reply......
still no joy at all!!!
mirrored all the setings i have on the jade poi settings but still cant talk to the box hardwired or over my network!!
aarrggh

loks like a very tidy image but might just have to stick with jade :(

But no matter whether the DM500 is running PLi Jade or C14.7 - it doesn't alter the fact that the DM500 does not have Wi-Fi capability. I think he means by wireless, from PC to Superhub via wi-fi and than from superhub to dm500 with this dubious x-over cable. And hardwired, diect connection from PC NIC to dm500, which does need a x-over cat5 cable.

Ahh, but which NIC is the PC using, the Wi-Fi one, or the one for the ethernet port? :confused:

hi guys,

ABU - sorry for the confusion - as i wrote earlier in the thread... hard wired- cable from lappy to dm500 and wireless - throught my superhub router

Pap - you are spot on with my version of 'wireless' sorry for my poor terminology;)

box settings
ip: 192.168.0.4
netmask 255.255.255.0
Nameserver194.168.4.100
gateway 192.168.0.1

superhub 192.168.0.1

tam

hi guys,

ABU - sorry for the confusion - as i wrote earlier in the thread... hard wired- cable from lappy to dm500 and wireless - throught my superhub router

Pap - you are spot on with my version of 'wireless' sorry for my poor terminology;)

box settings
ip: 192.168.0.4
netmask 255.255.255.0
Nameserver194.168.4.100
gateway 192.168.0.1

superhub 192.168.0.1

tam

That nameserver doesnt look right ? Its usually the same as either your dns or gateway iirc

Sent from my MOMO12 using Tapatalk HD

cheers wiz.. just what its always been... and worked wirelessly through super hub
wot u reckon i should change it too?

tam

cheers wiz.. just what its always been... and worked wirelessly through super hub
wot u reckon i should change it too?

tam

Usually it automatically fills in the correct one,if you can change it to the same as your routers dns then try that,if that fails try your gateway,which will be your routers ip address,

Its gotta be worth a try :)

Sent from my MOMO12 using Tapatalk HD

194.168.4.100 is Virgin's DNS server. Nothing wrong with it.

This is the normal setup for majority of people.
PC/Laptop ------wifi connection/ethernet cable-----Router
Dreambox 500----ethernet cable-----Router

Picture attached are my settings for a DM500 using a Virgin Media Superhub. DM is wired to router using a normal ethernet cable. Ignore text at the bottom of attached picture. I couldn't find a crossover cable so cant test if the DM500/Commando has auto negotiation.

I may be mistaken, but I understand your setup as:
Router----wifi-----laptop------crossover cable--------dreambox 500
If this understanding is correct you will need to alter the IP addresses of the network port of the laptop. I am not too clued up on networking, so will leave it for others to comment.

Attachments

• e.png
    e.png
    33 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Fair enough, would have thought an ip address starting with 194.168. was a lan address though :)

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

Change nameserver on DM500 to 192.168.0.1 (same as the superhub) then press RED to restart network, then GREEN to test it. On the way back out, don't forget to press RED in the Settings menu to save settings!

194.168.4.100 is Vermin's DNS server and is used by the superhub. They won't let you change this like you can on other routers. I run my superdud in Modem-only mode. On my Netgear WNR3500L USB router on Tomato 1.28, I use primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.8.4 which are faster (google's DNS servers).

Cheers- AL :)

cheers guys not had a chance tonight will get on it tomorrow....

these settings are for my Jade pli and this works.... would that make a difference on commando

absolutely at the end of my tether... reflashed box with commando.. all settings mirrored that of the jade.. cant connect to the box via ftp on computer - box or from computer - super hub- box.... when i do a network test is says everything is reachable by ping.. but i'm getting begger all:(

6pm - update... ok

maybe an issue with idreamx??
wont let me connect to box as in find bouquets or channel list etc but i can now get into ftp....but not much point trying to put in keys etc if i cant manipulate my channels

Last edited:
so may I politely ask WTF is idreamx when it's at home? I don't recall owt about us putting that (nor support for that) in C14.7, so can you enlighten us pls? No other users of C14.7 all around the globe seem to be having any probs just simply connecting to their dm500 C14.7 via telnet or FTP like you, m8! I certainly have no issues like yours here on the little DM500 clone that tests it all...

And AutoBouquets manipulates your channels and bouquets for you, while you're fast asleep, if you care to read the documentation so lovingly included...

Cheers- AL :confused:

Last edited:
al idreamx is an ftp client for osx (mac)
which i have seamlessly used on all the dbuk images on my 800se and pli images on my 500

im aware what autobuquets etc do..
but like to be able to manipulate what i have where through idreamx

but as for commando i'm stumped..
i see ur getting pissed off with this... but not half as much as me ;)

Tam

It's horses for courses, m8 (and I'm missing F1 right now)- but after you've set your preferred Bouquet ordering and Channel ordering within those Bouquets in C14.7 - it's all fully automated and done for you each morning, if you choose...

Nothing in E1 gets anywhere near this level of sophistication, honest! ;)

Back