Commando 14.7 Scrambled bouquets

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have just plugged in my old 500s to muck about with the new updates but see when i scan with auto bouquet, im not getting a list and only a few bouquets. has anyone got a channel list i can ftp?. i must have signal issues as i have tried all night..

Here's the set generated in our final test prior to going live with the latest C14.7 online update two days ago, so it's all bang up to date.

Bear in mind it's for the default London area and that all the naughty channels are completely stripped from both services and bouquets.

Cheers- AL ;)

Attachments

• zapit.rar
    13.2 KB · Views: 4
cheers Al...im going to try it at another address today, ill post back see if the scan is ok from there.

Al the scan was the same from another location so unless there something wrong with the tuner is there any other reason why its not sorting bouquets out.
The bouquets I have after I autobouquet are:

BSkyB Bouquet 14
BSkyB
Freesat
BSkyB

I know that channel list you gave me fixes it but any idea why this happening? Only thing I can think is that the tuner is on its way out since its been sitting in its box for ages.

I just tried looking at that channel list and a few channels are not clearing. something well dodgy going on here :/

Last edited:
haha me bad! i never read the post about the version file and now i have the bouquets back. however im still struggling to clear some channels and even some fta ones.

Still having problems to clearing channels. My 800se is fine and i have tried it elsewhere so Im at a dead end. Anyone any ideas?

same here auto bouquets is goosed reflashed 14.7 used the net to update to the latest version ran auto bouquets and all the bouquets are still messed up

Shit I'm an arse who should read before asking

As always- If you've only recently flashed the 27 Jan release C14.7 and haven't yet carried out an online update from MENU > Utilities then the first time you do so, it will all be over in a few seconds!

You MUST delete the /var/etc/version file and then REPEAT the update process, and the FULL update will then work correctly, and WILL continue to do so in future, trust us!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes that must muck up the bouquet process but some of my channels even fta ones are not clearing

hi all..
just moved over from jade pli

and remember the commando image from dbox many a moon ago

slight problem.. cant ftp the box!!
i could do this wirelessly to the jade image, but no joy wireless or wired to this image

had a look on threads and cant see if theres a different login or password for the box on this image??

ta

user = root and for telnet, no password is needed. For FTP, at least one character is expected, but this cam be any character you like. DHCP is ON by default, so if your dm500 isn't connected to a dhcp router for web access (boy are you missing out) then you'll need to give it static network settings for a direct x-over connection to your PC: MENU > Settings > Network

Cheers- AL :)

cheers al..

still no joy. could connect wirelessly b4 on the poi, but still nothing here...
what do you mean by special character?? in the password?
sorry

Tam

Last edited:
cheers al..

still no joy. could connect wirelessly b4 on the poi, but still nothing here...
what do you mean by special character?? in the password?
sorry

Tam

Hi Tam,

Something might be blocking the network. try disabling any firewalls.

Try Start / Restart Network on the image Network Settings screen then try to FTP again. There is no specific password, just enter one single letter of your choice. You could even try turning DHCP to off, save and reboot the box then turn DHCP to on then try to FTP.

If all else fails do it hard wired laptop to box with crossover cable using static IP's ( DHCP off, box IP one above lappy NIC )

hi rod.

no joy at all.. hard wired either...

plug the 800se back in change the ip to match it and voila.. both wireless and hardwired... got no idea why the commando image not letting me in :(

bizarrely - replace image with jade pli, wont connect when hard wired but get in no problem wirelessly...
any thoughts on what may be stopping my accessing the box on commando?? as would like to try the image out

cheers

Check what network settings Jade reports as having when the dm500 is wi-fi connected, note them all down, then replicate them into C14.7 after reflashing.

I assume the ethernet port on the dm500 is connected via a patch cable to a wi-fi bridge or repeater. Is this correct? AL :)

Check what network settings Jade reports as having when the dm500 is wi-fi connected, note them all down, then replicate them into C14.7 after reflashing.

I assume the ethernet port on the dm500 is connected via a patch cable to a wi-fi bridge or repeater. Is this correct? AL :)

Hi pap, thanks for the reply, I'll give that a blast... I did have the same ip bit not sure if the gateway Etc was the same..
Yeah crossover cable from box directly into superhub.. No probs with my 800se here either

Tam

Last edited:
The Super Hub might might not be as 'super' as the name suggests. Most routers are smart enough to detect if connections are via a x-over or straight-thru ethernet cable and handshake accordingly.

The superDud might not clever enough to do that, so is giving you TX to TX and RX to RX = no handshake! Try a straight through patch cable.

So how is Jade connecting to the superdud wirelessly, when the dm500 doesn't have Wi-Fi, or have I read that wrong? AL :confused:

The Super Hub might might not be as 'super' as the name suggests. Most routers are smart enough to detect if connections are via a x-over or straight-thru ethernet cable and handshake accordingly.

The superDud might not clever enough to do that, so is giving you TX to TX and RX to RX = no handshake! Try a straight through patch cable.

So how is Jade connecting to the superdud wirelessly, when the dm500 doesn't have Wi-Fi, or have I read that wrong? AL :confused:

I presume he means he connects to his router wirelessly and then from there wired to the dm500 ;)

or else he is using one of those wireless dongles :)

l have to set mine like this

gateway is your router ip

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
Back