Commando 14.6 epg

Don't be too harsh on Al, he hasn't got an E2 receiver.

Could someone with a connected TM600/TM500s check?

Not having an E2 box, I'm working blind, Wiz. Need info / feedback if possible from anyone using the OpenTV plugin, please? Up to how many days, 7, or longer? Any ideas on which channel it switches to (if it does) whilst sucking the epg data down from the stream?

You never know, it might help C14.7 become more resilient, especially with the lifespan of online RadioTimes EPG looking finite, according to LraiZer...

Cheers- AL ;)

ps- I'm famous for being wrong on many occasions, LOL! :)

lol its not very often m8,and i do know you dont have an E2 box but I couldnt let the opportunity go lol,

as for channel reference its 7 days epg and service ref number is : 1:0:2:1038:7D4:2:11A0000:0:0:

freq=11778 V
symbol rate=27500

lol its not very often m8,and i do know you dont have an E2 box but I couldnt let the opportunity go lol,

as for channel reference its 7 days epg and service ref number is : 1:0:2:1038:7D4:2:11A0000:0:0:

freq=11778 V
symbol rate=27500

It's the same one that LraiZer uses, m8. "EPG Background Audio."

So OpenTV EPG users on E2 had better put their hard hats on, LOL! (Unless E2 doesn't differentiate between 02 Radio services and 82 data like Neutrino does?)

Cheers- AL

It's the same one that LraiZer uses, m8. "EPG Background Audio."

So OpenTV EPG users on E2 had better put their hard hats on, LOL! (Unless E2 doesn't differentiate between 02 Radio services and 82 data like Neutrino does?)

Cheers- AL

I just ran it now after stopping enigma2 and deleting any epg.dat files,restarted enigma2 and it ran successfully :)

EDIT:Its still set as type 2,so I guess E2 is better at differentiating between Radio and Data services?

Last edited:
DIGG3R- With the fix in place, I can suggest a better auto-Timer routine for you, m8. But first, set GetEPG so it loads at boot.

Then:AutoBouquets @ 04:10
and Reboot @ 04:30

The reboot will act on the new init instructions and tweak the radio channel back to type 02 in services.xml and the subsequent load of GetEPG will work properly again.

Cheers- AL :)

Just to confirm that this fix worked for me :) and ive set the timers as you suggested...

Cheers Al... thank you ;)

I just ran it now after stopping enigma2 and deleting any epg.dat files,restarted enigma2 and it ran successfully :)

EDIT:Its still set as type 2,so I guess E2 is better at differentiating between Radio and Data services?

The only reason it still shows as radio type 2

1038:011A0000:07D4:0002:2:710

is that you haven't run a scan yet, Wiz. When you do, it will change to data type 130 in enigma:

1038:011A0000:07D4:0002:130:710

which will foobar OpenTV EPG. Not too big a problem to fix though, using my neutrino fix as inspiration.

Cheers- AL ;)

That's a very good point AL :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Wiz- if you can give me the exact line in services (or is it lamedb on E2??) together with the full path to whatever filename it is, I should be able to knock up an OpenTV fix for E2, assuming the paths are constant across the various E2 images?

I'm assuming that E2 also reads in a /var/etc/init file called from /etc/init.d/rcS like E1 does, but I might be wrong again again, m8.

Is this the full line?

1:0:2:1038:7D4:2:11A0000:0:0:

and which '2' is the service type- the first one or the second?

Last edited:
Wiz- if you can give me the exact line in services (or is it lamedb on E2??) together with the full path to whatever filename it is, I should be able to knock up an OpenTV fix for E2, assuming the paths are constant across the various E2 images?

I'm assuming that E2 also reads in a /var/etc/init file called from /etc/init.d/rcS like E1 does, but I might be wrong again again, m8.

Is this the full line?

1:0:2:1038:7D4:2:11A0000:0:0:

and which '2' is the service type- the first one or the second?

This is the Service Reference through the box's information menu

1:0:2:1038:7D4:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

This is the entry in lamedb m8

1038:011a0000:07d4:0002:2:0
EPG Background Audio.
p:BSkyB,c:010288,c:030288

Path to lamedb is /etc/enigma2/

There is no /var/etc/init file as var/etc is just a symlink to /etc,but there is a /etc/init.d/rcS,

As for which 2 is the right one I'm not sure tbh

Forgot to add that I did a scan on that transponder and it stayed as a type 2 radio station :)

Thanks, Wiz. 1038:011a0000:07d4:0002:2:0 is definately the target line to tweak in lamedb

After a scan, I'm convinced that this will have changed to:

1038:011a0000:07d4:0002:130:0

What we don't know yet is if E2 and/or OpenTV EPG are resilient enough to withstand that servicetype change? OpenTV might do it differently to how LraiZer approached it in C14.x - can someone possibly try a new E2 Scan and then an OpenTV EPG load, just to see if it's foobar or not, please. If it is, then a fix can be done quickly.

Finally, if /var/etc is symlinked to /etc - then E2 must be JFFS2 format, rather than SquashFS like us. Can you see if /etc/init exists please? If not, please browse /etc/init.d/rcS and see if these lines (or similar) are present:

if [ -e /etc/init ] ; then
. /etc/init
fi

Cheers- AL ;)

Forgot to add that I did a scan on that transponder and it stayed as a type 2 radio station :)

and they always said that Enigma scanned better than neutrino, LMAO! So it seems there won't be a problem in E2 then. Rather strange though, when you think about it, when it's all coming out of the same same satellite, same transponder and same service reference? AL :)

Thanks, Wiz. 1038:011a0000:07d4:0002:2:0 is definately the target line to tweak in lamedb

After a scan, I'm convinced that this will have changed to:

1038:011a0000:07d4:0002:130:0

What we don't know yet is if E2 and/or OpenTV EPG are resilient enough to withstand that servicetype change? OpenTV might do it differently to how LraiZer approached it in C14.x - can someone possibly try a new E2 Scan and then an OpenTV EPG load, just to see if it's foobar or not, please. If it is, then a fix can be done quickly.

Finally, if /var/etc is symlinked to /etc - then E2 must be JFFS2 format, rather than SquashFS like us. Can you see if /etc/init exists please? If not, please browse /etc/init.d/rcS and see if these lines (or similar) are present:

if [ -e /etc/init ] ; then
. /etc/init
fi

Cheers- AL ;)

/etc/init does not exist AL

Here is the entire contents of /etc/init.d/rcS

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Just did a "clear before scan" on that transponder and it has been renamed to DVB,but it still works with OpenTV as the service reference stays exactly the same :)

I just installed the init patch seems to work ok..
i have my timers setup as follow

3:00am - daily - reboot
3:05am - daily - get epg
3:35am -bi weekly - auto bouquets
3:55am - bi weekly - reboot

these seem ok ?

I just installed the init patch seems to work ok..
i have my timers setup as follow

3:00am - daily - reboot
3:05am - daily - get epg
3:35am -bi weekly - auto bouquets
3:55am - bi weekly - reboot

these seem ok ?

Iffy, imho... Unless you're a REALLY early riser, I'd say your daily EPG grab is too early by a couple of hours to grab a full 7 days epg on your real favourites. Think about 6 or 7 ish, maybe?

Then set GetEPG to load at boot, thereby saving an unecessary extra Timer. Consider making AutoBouquets run a daily Timer, at a time to suit you, as things seem to happen up there on 28.2E on a daily basis, based on my observations past few months...

Finally, what's the point of loading GetEPG at 03:05hrs daily, if once a week you reboot at 03:55hrs? Reconsider, please... My daily pattern, with GetEPG set to load after boot:

07:10 AutoBouquets plugin
07:30 Reboot plugin

Nice and simple, LOL!

whats difference between startup and wake up?

edit.. ah think i got it.. standby.. took about a min for getepg to kick in after bootup

Last edited:
whats difference between startup and wake up?

edit.. ah think i got it.. standby.. took about a min for getepg to kick in after bootup

So does it have a 60 sec delay on wakeup, too, as well as after a reboot. Depending on whether or not the user has activated either or both of these EPG autoload options. They are both set to OFF out of the tin.

i have tick epg active in reboot, so at 5.30am box reboots then epg loads 1min later, then made second timer to put box back into standby 15mins later, the reboot just clears the temp dir and channels zapped to list that you have used the day before work everyday without fail, go to watch TV and epg is allways there, what more can you ask for. :)

Back