Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Commando 14.6 epg

D1GG3R

VIP Member
VIP Member
My C14.6 GetEPG seems to have gone a miss.

The box is set to reboot at 4am

autobouquets at 04:10

and getepg at 04:30

the top two work but not getepg

when i goto blue button > Load GetEPG Now to try it manualy... the picture begins to pixelate and flicks back and to from the image of the earth back to the normal tv screen?? No background music as normal, just the sound from the TV?

anyone else had this problem??

lol guess wot , just check the bedroom dm box and there's no epg on it ? bet the radio channel it uses for epg download has changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strange tho my one at work is working fine and using the same backup from the one that's stopped at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to flash the image you posted tonight when I get back.

Did you try to update the EPG from the menu to see what happens?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to flash the image you posted tonight when I get back.

Did you try to update the EPG from the menu to see what happens?

no m8 wife was watchin some crap on it , will do when l get in .. just checked the one at work and theres only a few days epg on it tho but it updates every night , so if there was a problem it started a few days ago ,, strange that no one else has said anything

Lraizer did mention something about RT epg depreciating. Not 100% if the same thing though.

can't post this part but google the next bit /Forums/enigma/29323-autobouquet-e2-28-2e-25.html#post48802

I think next project will be to try and get something working so that dm500 is ready to move over from the depreciating radiotimes .dat epg format to the atlas 4.0 keyless Press Association xml epg data downloading and processing.

Last edited:
Earlier today, BskyB kindly went and busted LraiZer's GetEPG. How? By changing the special stream epg service "EPG Background Audio." from service_type="02" (radio) to service_type="82" (data)

The problem will become apparent after a run of AutoBouquets

I've come up with a quick and easy fix for this hassle. Just unrar the attached init file and pop it into /var/etc

NOTE: If you are already using a /var/etc/init custom file, then edit your file by appending my new lines to the end of it. This file does NOT need chmod treatment.

After running AutoBouquets, please reboot your box! (This will be automatic in our next release). If you are running AutoBouquets on a scheduled auto Timer, please add a Reboot timer for 20 minutes later.

Cheers- AL ;)

Attachments

• init.rar
    229 bytes · Views: 61
The box is set to reboot at 4am

autobouquets at 04:10

and getepg at 04:30

DIGG3R- With the fix in place, I can suggest a better auto-Timer routine for you, m8. But first, set GetEPG so it loads at boot.

Then:AutoBouquets @ 04:10
and Reboot @ 04:30

The reboot will act on the new init instructions and tweak the radio channel back to type 02 in services.xml and the subsequent load of GetEPG will work properly again.

Cheers- AL :)

Cheers Al. I'll get that sorted when I get back...

Still by far the best image I've used on a 500 ;)

do you think this will affect the Dreambox 800se aswell, or is it just the Dreambox 500

just checked my 800hd and se and there downloading fine m8 . must use a different radio channel ?

I believe the various E2 EPG offerings are all online sourced from Rytec ét al, rather than sucked down from the stream like LraiZer's GetEPG in Commando 14.6

I believe the various E2 EPG offerings are all online sourced from Rytec ét al, rather than sucked down from the stream like LraiZer's GetEPG in Commando 14.6

You believe wrong AL,
Seriously do you know how long I've waited to say that :D lol

OpenTV uses the stream for its epg offering AL so I'm not sure why its still going strong tbh,unless it uses a different radio channel?

You believe wrong AL,
Seriously do you know how long I've waited to say that :D lol

OpenTV uses the stream for its epg offering AL so I'm not sure why its still going strong tbh,unless it uses a different radio channel?

Not having an E2 box, I'm working blind, Wiz. Need info / feedback if possible from anyone using the OpenTV plugin, please? Up to how many days, 7, or longer? Any ideas on which channel it switches to (if it does) whilst sucking the epg data down from the stream?

You never know, it might help C14.7 become more resilient, especially with the lifespan of online RadioTimes EPG looking finite, according to LraiZer...

Cheers- AL ;)

ps- I'm famous for being wrong on many occasions, LOL! :)

Back