Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Commando 14.4 C5

Well thats something else i didnt know... I thought that a reboot was just that. No matter how you did it.

Thanks again ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

ok.. ive flashed the dm500, down here were i work, with C14.4. Couldnt wait until thursday :)

ive deleted all the bouquets... ftp'd the install.tar and rebooted the box

4)wait for "channels reloading" msg to appear <---- that didnt happen, but i must have waited long enough because when i pressed the plugin all of the bouquets were created :)

my regionals should be for the north west and not london..

if i edit the bouquets, will the affect the auto updates??

cheers

something has happened/worked...

channel 5 wasnt in the entertainment bouquet... after a reboot its there and it works :)

but the regional bbc & itv have gone back to london and not north west & granada??

im thinking its something to do with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mybouquets>
<filter is_whitelist = "1">
<bouquet bouquet_id="100e"/>
</filter>
</mybouquets>

hmmmm???

and i dont have a currentbouquest.xml in /tmp???

reflashed and started again... im confusing myself :Laugh:

heres what ive done:

1) flashed the box with the release of C14.4

2) Channel 5 didnt work. as per previous post i rescanned with fastscan=off this took the channel out of the entertainment bouquet.

3) ftp'd the mybouquets.xml to /var/tuxbox/config/ (with the <bouquet bouquet_id="100e"/> filter)

4) rebooted the box and zapped and waited on a few channels... this created the currentbouquets.xml and currentservices.xml in /tmp

5) i waited for a while and rebooted the box from the main menu

on restart channel 5 wasnt in the entertainment bouquet so ive added it manualy along with 5+ 1.

**edit**

after a bit more zapping and waiting.. i now have a bouquet 'BSkyB Bouquet 14 - Interactive'
this seems to have all the channels about 489 of them.. with bbc 1 london & itv 1 london being first and third in the list.. however it does have all the other regionals further down the list

ive not done the rest as in your post #18 LraiZer... just waiting to see if you have anything to add mate...

i think thats enough for tonight... work at 5am :(

cheers

DiGG

Last edited:
the channel reload msg should only take about 1-2 minutes to appear after a reboot, did you select the autoscan(w/o msgs.) without messages option by mistake? the Auto uBouquets plugin currently only has code to create the default London region at the moment, it will default your N West changes back to London unless you change the bouquet category names in the bouquet editor too. you could try just removing the 28.2E from the front of the category names to stop them from being over written by future autobouquet presses. the plugin will need a LOT more code and work to make it a regional user selection plugin for eg. N West. the autoscan feature does not replace changed channels in your bouquets, it removes channels no longer avaiable from your bouquets. it does not know where to put new channels it detects,so it just adds them to services.xml file for selection.

all your tests seem to have worked as they should. it will still need a lot of development time to make it a fully automated "ONE CLICK" auto update solution for all regional variation. but at least you can quickly create a default bouquets set now and then turn autoscan off again after changing your locals. i recommend doing an UPDATE scan after you have used the Auto uBouquets plugin to update the new bouquets with the correct scanned channel names.

Last edited:
right... i know im going on abit but i cant put this down now...

would any of what i have done in the above post have any effect on the epg???

because ive just done the blue button > commando epg wizzard > RT online epg wizzard > RT Chan Map Menu > Autogen

then reload RT Epg Right Now <---- this seemed to take ages unlike before AND the EPG is bang on!!!! unlike before?

im tired now!

no mate it was just autoscan=on

not done the script part yet mate... im going to run it as is at the min with the autoscan =on

i take it after a reboot, any changes will be in the new BSkyB Bouquet 14?

yes, any new channels found with (autoscan=on) or (autoscan=on w/o msgs) will auto get added in correct position in the BskyB Bouquet 14 after every reboot.

you will need to keep the pre-loaded bouquets along side the auto generated BSkyB Bouquet 14 for the RT-EPG AutoGen to still work though. the RT-EPG AutoGen feature was coded to work only with pre-loaded bouquets.

the bouquets created by the Auto uBouquets plugin will also not work with the RT-EPG AutoGen, as these auto generated bouquets get put into a totaly different file called /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/ubouquets.xml

Its probably just me, but the autogen rt epg has worked and is working better after this small mod??

But having said that i suppose it could be something set wrong on the box at home... doh!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Back