Update Issues AJ Sat

itsme12

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive been a member here for a while but have lost my password and when I try to reset it I never get an email so had to set up this account lol.

Any way never had any issues before and a few channels needed updated so used the usual Aj sat site and updated but started to freeze a lot on a few channels. Only option was to revert back to an older update I had which fixed the freezing but obviously some of the channels are off.

Now AJ sat has took all updates off from the last few months. And after reading a bit on here it seems that updating from there is not a good idea anymore? Can anyone advise?

Last edited:
Yea that's what I thought because updates aren't the cause of issues in the years ive been using CS so was wondering.

Just looked for updates but the latest one was from august I believe (unless I'm looking at the wrong part) - https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/4324/

That is my most recent update in the link you added.
Not much has changed from then apart from ITV4 HD.

Also I just checked there and AJ still has updates on it. They just haven't been updated from 8-June.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is my most recent update in the link you added.
Not much has changed from then apart from ITV4 HD.

Also I just checked there and AJ still has updates on it. They just haven't been updated from 8-June.

Thanks yea but last week I grabbed one from ajsat dated 8/9/16 I believe but when I checked back the other day theyd removed everything back to the date you mentioned.

Thanks though ill use your latest list when I get back to 5 posts or they fix my old account :D.

Thanks to the other post above about cwaites list, used to use it but I prefer aj's thanks for the help though

AJ sat lists has been known to brick boxes,Depending which box you have you maybe able to update the firmware to be able to update your channel lists direct via the box,If not use cwaites,Link below

CLICK HERE FOR AN UP TO DATE CHANNEL LIST
My lists are not AJs.
In 6 years of making my own lists I'm yet to hear of one being bricked.

I make my list as as close to AJs as possibable as I know people don't like it starting from 101.

So you said before,He is on about ajs sat list,and i know for a fact that they have bricked loads of boxes,There is another forum which is massive on openboxes and there are guys on there regular in that position

My own Openbox V8S also got bricked because of AJ's lists. Someone had to reflash it with a null modem cable for me.

My lists are not AJs.
In 6 years of making my own lists I'm yet to hear of one being bricked.

I make my list as as close to AJs as possibable as I know people don't like it starting from 101.

Ill be using yours from now on, thanks

It could possibly be something to do with available memory.
Had a similar fault before. All I did was flash the latest firmware and everything seemed fine after that.

It could possibly be something to do with available memory.
Had a similar fault before. All I did was flash the latest firmware and everything seemed fine after that.
It's nothing to do with me memory. Theres 128MB built in memory on openboxes. When you flash a channel list it is only 1MB. Each time you flash after that it just keeps over righting the previous update.

I don't know how others go about making channel lists. But I do scan then move things around and rename and delete channels in PVR800.
Never had a bricked box yet.
I "never" manually input channels.

Last edited:
Back