Commando 14.4 C5

D1GG3R

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Running Commando 14.4.. Lost Channel 5.

Done the usual rescan and waited for bouqets to update.. but chan 5 is gone???
ive been through the channel lists but i cant see it??

anyone any idea?

Cheers
DiGG

I found the default 18BF/7FD were no longer working for Channel 5 too. Switched to 1E14/809 and all is well again. You'll find it easily as well, without the need for a rescan, if you open up the 'Others' bouquet to view, then just swap.

If using RT-EPG, then you'll need to mirror the Sid/TSid change in your /var/tuxbox/config/rtmap.xml file, too! Rytec EPG users will probably have to do similar

Cheers- AL :)

channel5 is now transmitting on a new frequency which is not in the satellites.xml file that is in the release image.
if you are scanning using the fastscan=on setting and have not added the new channel5 frequency to satellites.xml then the scan will not pick up channel5.

you can turn fastscan=off and then a scan should auto detect new channel5 frequency, but this will slow your scanning down considerably.
to continue using fastscan=on setting, install this update HERE to auto add new channel5 frequencys to satellites.xml and then continue to scan as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the default 18BF/7FD were no longer working for Channel 5 too. Switched to 1E14/809 and all is well again. You'll find it easily as well, without the need for a rescan, if you open up the 'Others' bouquet to view, then just swap.

If using RT-EPG, then you'll need to mirror the Sid/TSid change in your /var/tuxbox/config/rtmap.xml file, too! Rytec EPG users will probably have to do similar

Looked in all of the bouquets mate... chan 5 just isnt there...

channel5 is now transmitting on a new frequency which is not in the satellites.xml file that is in the release image.
if you are scanning using the fastscan=on setting and have not added the new channel5 frequency to satellites.xml then the scan will not pick up channel5.

you can turn fastscan=off and then a scan should auto detect new channel5 frequency, but this will slow your scanning down considerably.
to continue using fastscan=on setting, install this update HERE to auto add new channel5 frequencys to satellites.xml and then continue to scan as normal.

makes sense now... im scanning with the fastscan=off just curious to see how long it takes :)

can i ftp an up todate satelites.xml from a different image?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to confirm.. the rescan with fastscan=off worked..

it put chan 5 & chan 5 +1 into the BskyB bouquet..

i just needed to put it back where it should be...

cheers lads ;)

out of interest, whats the auto scan feature?

the autoscan feature will auto create and auto update bskyb regional bouquets including the correct bskyb channel ordering that are transmitted in the bouquet allocation dvb stream.
you really need to use the autoscan feature with a /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/mybouquets.xml file that filters out your bouquet_id AREA or you will end up with all the bouquet area sets that are transmitted by bskyb. ie.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

autoscan=on will scan the current channels transponder for new services 30 seconds after you have zapped to a channel on a different transponder than the current one. if new services are found on current channels transponder, they will be written to currentservices.xml and currentbouquets.xml files in /tmp

these new services get auto updated to your normal services.xml and bouquets.xml.

to use autoscan feature correctly, first create a mybouquets.xml file in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/mybouquets.xml to filter out only the default bsyb 4096 area.

Code:

reboot box so that the new mybouquets.xml file get read at box restart, then turn autoscan=on and zap to another channel on a different transponder that current one. wait for 1 minute and look in /tmp folder. you can try to filter out other bouquet_id's in your mybouqets.xml to experiment to see what other bouquets get auto generated.

to use autoscan feature correctly, first create a mybouquets.xml file in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/mybouquets.xml to filter out only the default bsyb 4096 area.

Code:

sorry, i think i may have given the details to create a BLACKLIST where it filters IN every other bouquet and apart from the one we want :bangshead:

here is the correct WHITELIST to filter IN the one bouquet we want and filter OUT the rest

Code:

spotted yet another error in my statment! :bangshead:

mybouquets.xml file goes in /var/tuxbox/config/mybouquets.xml folder NOT the /zapit sub folder

you may have noticed by the amount of errors in my last few posts that i may have had a drink or two.. :drink:

if you use autoscan and use a correct mybouquets.xml filter in /var/tuxbox/config/ folder for you area, then you will be alerted to any New Channels as you zap between channels during normal viewing and these will auto appear in a New Channels bouquet. the area bouquet specified in mybouquets.xml will be generated in /tmp in the background and will then be written to your normal bouquets.xml on box shutdown or reboot. so after new channels are found, and you have done a reboot, you should see your channel ordered area bouquet with all current available channels.

ill try that and see how i get on.... cheers mate..

i was on the bottle myself the other night.. so no worries lol :)

you'd probably be better filtering out the interactive test bouquet as this has FULL listings ;)

Code:

once you have the currentbouquets.xml in /tmp folder, it should easy enough to create a small script to parse this bouquet into correctly channel ordered categoryies. ie. Entertainment, Movies, Sports...etc... before it gets loaded at next reboot and instead auto generate a ubouquets.xml with all upto date current channels in correct channel order.

Ive done the first part and the currentbouquets.xml is being created in /tmp. I havent looked at the screen gui to see if there is a New Chans folder. Ill look when i get home on thursday...

As for the last part... Im lost :) I wouldnt know where to start in scripting???

i think if the new chans were created in the new chans bouquet, then that makes things easy enough... It saves a complete rescan... Its straight forward to just add the chans to the correct bouquet manualy.

But if you want to write a test script that does the lot automaticaly, i would be more than happy to test it???

And just to add. The more i use this image... The more im liking it... If anyone reading these posts hasnt tried this image.... then you should!!!!

Cheers
DiGG

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

So will this not work Al???

or will a manual reboot do the same?

here is an Auto uBouquets script plugin i have made for you to test

ftp this install.tar file to /var/etc/ and reboot box to auto install

you will now find a new plugin in menu
main menu > scripts > Auto uBouquets

INSTRUCTIONS:

1)remove any "BSkyB Bouquet 14 - Interactive Test" bouquet
from your current bouquet set or this will not work correctly!
you can even delete ALL your current bouquets for this test.

2)turn autoscan=on in scanning menu

3)reboot box

4)wait for "channels reloading" msg to appear

5)press this "Auto uBouquets" plugin

6)neutrino is re-started with your new ubouquets :)

Attachments

• install.tar
    20 KB · Views: 7
Bloody hell... Cheers mate.. Wasn't expecting that.. im away until thursday night..

I look forward to testing it then..

Once again cheers and thank you ;)

So will this not work Al???

or will a manual reboot do the same?

If you reboot properly, via the Main Menu, of course it will work, m8! But if you telnet a reboot command to the box, or simply power cycle the box, then the accumulated autoscan data in /tmp will not get written properly and will get lost.

Back