Comet going into Administration

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard about this,looks like it will happen tomorrow :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Obviously I don't like the fact that people may lose their jobs, but from personal experience the customer service in every Comet shop I've ever been into has sucked, and they are ridiculously expensive

Same down here mate,seems to be more workers than customers but still find it hard to get help

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Both of the comets we have up here there staff are quiet rude and as echoed in here very expensive they always over do it on their prices.

It's a competitive market out there for electricals, and if you don't get the basics right, like customer serivce and prices, your going to be in trouble

Sorry about all the people who could lose their jobs, but I never shopped there, too expensive.

Investment bankers often believe they can run companies but they are rarely correct...

This guy has previous - did the same with MFI but managed to flog it just before it went pop...

...maybe they'll have enough to hang him for it this time but I doubt it!

:(

I have not used them since I bought my 1st 42" tv from them about 7 years ago, it stopped working after 3 weeks and took nearly 9 months to get my money back.
Complete lack of customer service and a rude manager i'm surprised they have lasted this long.

Bought a fridge freezer from these just over 12 months ago (£750!!!), door tray kept falling off so replaced it, still kept falling off, gave up asking as they were so disinterested, now just after the 12 months the freezer trays dont return properly and one of them has snapped across the front.

They are rude, over priced and lack any kind of ethics in regards to customer service. It's like they are doing you a favor allowing you in the store.

With a few exceptions I use them mainly for looking up products before going to buy them elsewhere.

It's sad that more people are losing jobs, but it could have been avoided imho.

Last edited:
the comets shops were always very poorly kitted compared to currys so i think they lost a lot of custom there. funny thing were i live the comet had a face lift and it looked superb, almost futuristic.

Shop probably done up to make it easier to sell when they go down the plug-hole.

they havnt a chance with the likes of asda doing the same stuff for half the price these days

so when do they start selling stuff off cheap? web sites down... and local store didn't look any different :(

no sale on today. they had a couple of good deals but as always mostly over priced.

bannerhomepage1.gif

Back