Cmon England lets get on the scots tits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when you speak of national pride, the English thinking they can win every tournament they qualify for etc - well that's because they can - theoretically any team can win it because they all have a chance and that's the magic of tournaments. But England have and often have had a team of 11 that many would consider world class and so naturally the people of England expect to do well and that's the key difference between a team of England's stature and a team of Scotland's stature.

England are playing shite on the biggest stage that there is at the moment I'm in no way defending that but I'm just suggesting reasons why as you put it that the English think they can win everything they qualify for.....and besides when it comes to national pride, look win or not it might have something to do with the little fact that football - the world's most popular sport - was formally adopted and crafted as we know it today throughout the world by none other than the English.

It's our sport, not that you'd know it because certain Argentines and certain Brazilians you'd think they were born with a football stuck to them! ;)

If England do win on Wednesday surely it will be the worst case of Premature Jock Elation ever known

Hahaha brilliant
PREMATURE JOCK ELATION
takes me back to 98 when a rousing display by Scotland saw them narrowly defeated by Brazil in the opener only to end the group on a single point with a 3-0 hammering off the football giant that is Morocco. HAHAHAHA
Ive scoured the web for something a little more recent but oddly enough this is the latest piece of information i could find on Scotland in a major finals.:proud:

Planet World Cup - 1998 - Results

Listen to England 'till I Die football chant lyrics England & buy ENGLAND song Pro Ev mp3 download ringtone

What exactly have the MIGHTY english done in the last while? Err thats right NOUT :)

But good to see you learing about us scots !!!!

Keep up the good work laddie

What exactly have the MIGHTY english done in the last while? Err thats right NOUT :)

But good to see you learing about us scots !!!!

Keep up the good work laddie

Quarter finals 2002 and 2006 ;)

Not exactly what you expect from a world class team tho is it ?

So England are World class

Ill take a couple of quarter final appearances over not qualifying all day long

Not exactly what you expect from a world class team tho is it ?

Erm actually it is....that's kind of the problem at the moment - then again there's still time yet! ;)

As for England winning nowt recently LMFAO!! How's mr pot doin cos kettle's just had a reet laugh!

So England are World class

Ill take a couple of quarter final appearances over not qualifying all day long

I wouldnt say they were, but the masses believe they are, then they jump on them.

We as scots know if we do good we are punching above our weight. But if thast makes the pain of your world cup disaster easier to live with, knock yer self out :)

@gasman while your having a pop at us poor Scots, remind us again who are the 2 longest serving and probably most successful managers of your favourite premier league team and where did they come from.

and since 1988 why has only 1 Englishman managed to win the top league in England and his team then got knocked out of Europe by a Scottish team, beating them home and away.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndai-x2F1GM"]YouYaTube[/ame]

Last edited:
i would say its more u scots havin a pop at us all the time, no-one (that ive read on dw u cannot count tv pundits english or otherwise) has said england are world class only u scots. i said they are decent as per FIFA RANKINGS. we only ever mention scotland football when u start. it would be great to win the world cup as it would for every team involved.

its gettin quite old now tbh so im off to rebuild fookin Hadrian's Wall lmao

and since 1988 why has only 1 Englishman managed to win the top league in England and his team then got knocked out of Europe by a Scottish team, beating them home and away.

YouYaTube

2 cracking goals at Elland Road but we got nobbed at your gaff though the ball didn't even cross the line on that first goal! lol

Also why are club teams being brought into it all of a sudden ? Most club teams have a bunch of foreign players playing for them....as for the Scottish product thing Fergie is overrated imo, he had the money and the support to lay a great foundation but the manager himself isn't that great for me and I'm not just saying that because he's Scottish or because it's Man U - I'm pretty sure he nearly got relegated with Man U when he first went there....but credit to him he's done very well since. But I do not think it's all down to him and him alone I do believe he's had a lot of support from highly skilled staff and a big slice of luck with the youth players not to mention bags of cash.

Truly great managers imo are the ones who go to other clubs and repeat their successes there as well on different budgets - like Mourinho. ;)

i would say its more u scots havin a pop at us all the time, no-one (that ive read on dw u cannot count tv pundits english or otherwise) has said england are world class only u scots. i said they are decent as per FIFA RANKINGS. we only ever mention scotland football when u start. it would be great to win the world cup as it would for every team involved.

See you when you get here, I already started :)

2 cracking goals at Elland Road but we got nobbed at your gaff though the ball didn't even cross the line on that first goal! lol

Also why are club teams being brought into it all of a sudden ? Most club teams have a bunch of foreign players playing for them....as for the Scottish product thing Fergie is overrated imo, he had the money and the support to lay a great foundation but the manager himself isn't that great for me and I'm not just saying that because he's Scottish or because it's Man U - I'm pretty sure he nearly got relegated with Man U when he first went there....but credit to him he's done very well since. But I do not think it's all down to him and him alone I do believe he's had a lot of support from highly skilled staff and a big slice of luck with the youth players not to mention bags of cash.

Truly great managers imo are the ones who go to other clubs and repeat their successes there as well on different budgets - like Mourinho. ;)

Fergies overrated and not great, cause in your opinion he's done nothing out-with Man U?

might I suggest you research a bit before posting pish mate, you might find he has passed your criteria for greatness, on budget and at different clubs.

This thread is descending into the usual guff I see.

:Cheers:

Last edited:
@gasman while your having a pop at us poor Scots, remind us again who are the 2 longest serving and probably most successful managers of your favourite premier league team and where did they come from.

YouYaTube

Not having a pop mate just returning the banter and it wasnt even me that started this thread it was the wine gums ;)
Next thing you know you be harping on about inventing the telephone and the tv im watching England in the world Cup on.:Clap:

Next thing you know you be harping on about inventing the telephone and the tv im watching England in the world Cup on.:Clap:

And you should be greatfull for that too.

Us scots invented the world ffs. Bow down b4 your superiors ;) and swear Allegiance to Scotland

u bring the iron bru ill bring the fish n chips

give me a shout when your finished and then you can give me a hand with the Antonine Wall just to be on the safe side.

here is an Idea! we could have a game of fitba in the dinner hour and it will be just like Christmas 1914 all over again.

without those pesky Germans of course.

Last edited:
Fergies overrated and not great, cause in your opinion he's done nothing out-with Man U?

might I suggest you research a bit before posting pish mate, you might find he has passed your criteria for greatness, on budget and at different clubs.

This thread is descending into the usual guff I see.

:Cheers:

Speaking of posting pish.....how's that working out for you based on that post ? I wish some people would get a life some time and leave me the hell alone. My opinions are what they are. You can disagree if you want but that doesn't then give you or anyone else the right to jump all over me for them opinions. There's a big difference.....

And for me Fergie is overrated. Disagree all you like I'll stand by that comment until the day I die and then I'll take it to the grave with me. Deal with it.

Mind you my fault, should have known this thread would careen from banter to completely tits up sooner rather than later with people having digs at each other as it so often does.

Last edited:
My opinions are what they are. You can disagree if you want but that doesn't then give you or anyone else the right to jump all over me for them opinions. There's a big difference.....

Not really. You just don't like people disagreeing with you. Nor can you take a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back