After the Timebomb / Are we Safe now?

dirkjan73

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Ok,as we al noticed,the people who are screaming and shouting for help with theire boxes are bricked,is going (Thanx God) getting less and less every day,and thats a good sign,
that means that the most of us have got their boxes working again,by replacing a chip or a complete new motherboard,all good and we are all happy again;-)

Myself ,I have made a perfect image for myself,everything is working HBBTV and Youtube.tv,it couldnt be better,then i locked the drivers,so if i would accidently update,it wouldnt touched the drivers and not beeing bricked,so i would be pretty safe,and living a happy and afterlong live with my Solo2 clone....

But...

I still have a question,are the drivers the only files who can get my box bricked?I mean there are a lott of plugins and other stuff you can download online directly to ure box,isnt there anything what VU could have (cooperativly) putted and by downloading you get ure bricked again?

Ive read @PHEONIX a lotts of time and he assured that the only VU files they have in theire images are the Drivers,but do you think that VU would try it do it on another way the next time?

I am realy hoping on answers and especialy from @AJT @IAmATeaf @davvvo and of course everybody is free to answer or share his thoughts...

Last edited by a moderator:
If its the question for me also.. Then YES i m totally safe since the first day till now .. using latest opena tv image even online update also perfect .

Ive asked that question already and I haven't got the answer yet which means that nobody really knows
So far the drivers were the easiest way for Vu to brick the clones because BH/OpenPLi is using them so we learnt how to deal with it (thanks again for the chattr command - Im a unix/linux user but I didn't know it before) ;)
..so you are right we don't know if Vu is not planning to hit us from totally different direction thats why I will never use a clone as a primary box ;)

Back