Cloud Ibox 2 Plus USB mount problem

eimaj12000

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm trying to mount a USB hard drive (250GB) on a Cloud Ibox 2 Plus using the OpenPli 4.0 image. Problem is not matter what I try I get errors that the drive is damaged (it's not) or that it's not recognized etc. The drive has been tested on another box with different image (Vix) and works no problem. Thing is I do like the OpenPli 4.0 and hate giving in to these things.

I realise that TSmedia can cause problems with mounting etc. but has anyone came across this and sorted it ? I did try downloading the Device Manager plugin but this doesn't really work either.

Any help would be great - and would probably really help others as well. OpenPli 4.0 seems ultra-stable, nice and fast and it'd be great to have this working with the drive.

On a side note - what's the nearest image to S*y as far as recording programs by clicking on the EPG, arranging the recordings etc. ? It's just the media player thing seems quite rickety ?

Many thanks in advance guys - great info on here.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to mount a USB hard drive (250GB) on a Cloud Ibox 2 Plus using the OpenPli 4.0 image. Problem is not matter what I try I get errors that the drive is damaged (it's not) or that it's not recognized etc. The drive has been tested on another box with different image (Vix) and works no problem. Thing is I do like the OpenPli 4.0 and hate giving in to these things.

I realise that TSmedia can cause problems with mounting etc. but has anyone came across this and sorted it ? I did try downloading the Device Manager plugin but this doesn't really work either.

Any help would be great - and would probably really help others as well. OpenPli 4.0 seems ultra-stable, nice and fast and it'd be great to have this working with the drive.

On a side note - what's the nearest image to S*y as far as recording programs by clicking on the EPG, arranging the recordings etc. ? It's just the media player thing seems quite rickety ?

Many thanks in advance guys - great info on here.

Must be image related then as you have tried what id use device manager and VIX seems to work.

I will add that if the hdd is un powered this may be the issue.

thanks for the reply Ferret. I'm going to try a powered USB hub as that could be a good bet to solve the issue. On a side note what image would you recommend as the best for these boxes ? Just looking for something nice to look at, easy to work and with plenty features ?

thanks for the reply Ferret. I'm going to try a powered USB hub as that could be a good bet to solve the issue. On a side note what image would you recommend as the best for these boxes ? Just looking for something nice to look at, easy to work and with plenty features ?

Always like the OpenATV image on it mate but PLI also.

You have better luck with the powered hub. The PSU's on these have very little spare juice to run a HDD. Alway the same with stuff from china poor psu's and crap remotes.

Thanks mate - OpenATV is not one I've tried but I'll give it a bash. And the hub thing is bang on - didn't even think of that ! Thanks again.

Back