Click Here If You Want To Know Why You Get Annoying Message When Changing Channels

diddlyuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
If you are lucky enough to have a box that works but still has a really really annoying message that comes up on every channel change then it is "possible" to remove it... But sadly i do not know how.

However i know why.. do some searching and you might find out

Anyways...

The reason for this is having a invalid Cam ID on your card. This happens because when you change the channel and your box reads the information from your card it realises that you have something worng and pesters you about it

So there we go .. search "How to retrieve your Cam ID" and you might be in luck

I know a temporary fix if your a channel flicker like me...

1. make sure the box is on
2. remove your card
3. place your card back in the box
4. wait a moment
5. change channels freely

I DO NOT RECOMEND DOING THIS ALOT AS IT WILL EVENTUALLY DESTROY YOUR CARD

Hope this helps... but if it doesn't and you think i was just rambling and you have just wasted 2 minutes of your life reading this ... then im sorry and feel free to let me know that fact.

Re: Click Here If You Want To Know Why You Get Annoying Message When Changing Channel

U normally get this when you cam id is set to all zero's , just change it to something else and all will be ok , u normally get this on Atmega cards when using toxic

Cheers

Re: Click Here If You Want To Know Why You Get Annoying Message When Changing Channel

dont get no annoying message, but if you do ( usually when you use toxic to make ext eep ) change your cam id.

So can we alter anything in the toxic file (ie. put a random cam in)?

yes i got this message when i DIDENT put a cam id in toxic, then i made another exteep with toxic PUT a cam id in, starting with the first 2 digits for your erea & made the rest of numbers up! & everything was o.k no message @ all, so it seems yes u do need a camid if u cant put up with that messsage

For legit looking CamId's use -

Ex NTL area's - 24 xx xx xx
Ex C&W areas's - 27 xx xx xx
Ex TW area's - 2C xx xx xx

although, tbh, pretty much anything except all 00's will usually do.

For legit looking CamId's use -

Ex NTL area's - 24 xx xx xx
Ex C&W areas's - 27 xx xx xx
Ex TW area's - 2C xx xx xx

although, tbh, pretty much anything except all 00's will usually do.

nozzer if you convert the cam id from your card and use it without changing anything will you loose channels can't remember if it makes any differance ?

nozzer if you convert the cam id from your card and use it without changing anything will you loose channels can't remember if it makes any differance ?

Come again?

thanks for the info, finaly got rid of the annoying msgs. i used toxic on the bn11 file to put a in a cam id and then swapbinhex to produce a hex file for exteep

Back