Chip M58LW032C need help to read

calhordas

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi boys , i have a PCB from one receiver with FLASH chip

M58LW032C, which i need to extract info such as bk,ird,cam.

this is from an overseas receiver .

i Will pay fee and P+P inc return if anyone can help me with this or also point me on a good direction

u need a 56 pin TSOP adapter
u will read it but the problem is knowing where in the dump the info u want is
that is the hard part

me i cannot do it sorry

Benny59 is thinking JTAG could be an option, probably right too :).

There are about four different TSOP56 adapters depending on the chip pinout, according to my Labprog+ software I would need a FLASH-3 type as the M58LW032C isn't a standard pinout - It follows an Intel standard.

From Elnec:

# Quickfind Code: QF1435
# Reference: 70-0216

M58lw32c

Hi boys thx for reply , now the model of receiver is , Octal Powerbox but it's original name is "Techno Trend TV pilot 100"

I thinks this model comes from germany but then sold in european countries such as portugal.

If this help i will post the PDF info about the chip because i was able to gety it from another site , and i kow it it hard to know where info is alocated becuse the chip is divided in 32 parts each of them containing diferent type of info.

J-tag techno trend

As j-tag that is a very tricky job on those ones as i have tutorial on how to do it bu it's to risky.

i mean u need to scrape 3 layers on the back of the pcb to get to the connection points, and they are alocated in very hard places to reach.

M58lw032c

Hi boys sorry for delay , this is datasheet from the item being discussed.

Even if you're comfortable with buying the adapter and maybe a programmer that supports it those devices are high capacity and looking through megabytes of hex isn't fun! Unless you know exactly where to look it would be a very long shot.

I would be tempted to use a JTAG interface on it, just take your time with the scalpel :).

The adapter for my programmer is £180, there might be cheaper ones available.

Same subject

Also attached a pick of pcb .

now the chip covered on this pic is the m58lw032c chip.

on my set top box it does not bring any plastic cover

Looks like it's been epoxied to the board to stop people removing it lol. A bit of epoxy resin can prevent lots of mischief :).

Do you know where the keys are in the chip?

same subject

That is just an example taken off the net .

regarding the place where to dump the keys from i really don't have a clue

please see attached pic

Back