iPhone chinese iPhone4S, with cydia installed

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive managed to get hold of an iPhone4S thats originally from china, it has cydia installed, but id like to factory reset it. ive tried via the menus on the phone, but they dont do it, and my PC has been downloading an itunes update for over an hour before failing. when i set it so that itunes finds the phone in reocvery mode, it just keeps making the 'ber-bing' noise every 15 seconds, and a box repeatedly appearing to check for updates

any advise on where to begin please peeps :)

ive managed to get hold of an iPhone4S thats originally from china, it has cydia installed, but id like to factory reset it. ive tried via the menus on the phone, but they dont do it, and my PC has been downloading an itunes update for over an hour before failing. when i set it so that itunes finds the phone in reocvery mode, it just keeps making the 'ber-bing' noise every 15 seconds, and a box repeatedly appearing to check for updates

any advise on where to begin please peeps :)

hello mate

I have an iphone but do not mess with it too much but I am sure you can put it in dfu mode and do a full reset.
do a quick google on it that's what I did when I had problems doing mine.
I will try find the page I used and post back ....sorry it is not a clear answer but might prompt a better answer now

yeh i tried that, even tried updating through itunes etc, but nothing worked, i found something called ilex rat (i think) and ran that through cydia, which reset all of the data on the phone, then had to remove all the apple id stuff manually, as all the appstore was still in chinese

at the moment its on ios 5.1.1 so looking at how to upgrade that now as itunes on 2 computers refuses to do it

Last edited:
Download 7.0.4 ipsw then put phone into dfu mode and shift restore choose ipsw and should update fine .
Make sure your region set to uk and all antivirus off . What error does itunes give ?

it gives a network timeout error as it completes the download, it did the same when i tried updating my ipod, itunes has never worked properly for me, ever

im trying it one last time on my laptop, then ill try it the manual way, is there any specific ios version i should avoid, or is it ok to go straight to the latest one? even though this cydia is on it, im not 100% sure what its for lol, would that be lost during the upgrade etc?

also theres 3 different files,

4 (CDMA)
4 (GSM)
4 (GSM 2012)

any idea what one id need please, the phone model is MS128CH

tia

:)

it went half way through the update process, and then failed, ive downloaded the 1.1Gb ios7 update, which fails to write to the phone, so then downloaded the 5.1.1 which also fails to write, but, the site i downloaded them from the file name starts iphone3, even though i selected iphone4 from their dropdown list

does anyone have a link to the ispw file i can use please

looks like the problem is my itunes install on both my PC and laptop, a friend ame down with his laptop, we put the hpone into recovery mode, and it updated and recovered first time, so im now about to remove ALL apple stuff from my computers, and start over :)

Back