Cheap Raspberry PI - 512MB - Model B - HDMI - PLEX - XBMC

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
RASPBERRY PI - 512MB RAM - MODEL B - HDMI - XBMC - PLEX

Found this on Ebay for less than £30, so if you want to try out the Raspberry PI and see what all the fuss is about here is one that is really cheap with free delivery in the UK.

BUY HERE CHEAP RASPBERRY Pi Model B revision 2.0 Board - 512MB RAM The Very Latest! | eBay

£29.99
FREE DELIVERY

Here are the specs below:

----------------------------------------------------
RASPBERRY-PI - RASPBERRY-PCBA

MODEL B - Revision 2.0 boards with 512Mb RAM.

Made in the UK Brand New Boxed units, these are the latest version Raspberry Pi boards

This listing is for the Raspberry Pi Model B board only (No Extra's Included)
The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer board that plugs into a TV or Monitor. It’s a miniature ARM-based PC which can be used for many of the tasks that a desktop PC carries out, including spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It is also capable of playing High-Definition video.

Features:
· Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and Videocore 4 GPU
· GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
· GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
· 512MB RAM
· Powered from micro USB socket
· Boots from SD card
· Size: 85.6 x 53.98 x 17mm

Connections:
· HDMI socket
· USB 2.0 socket – x2
· RCA video socket
· SD card socket
· 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
· 3.5mm audio out jack
· Header footprint for camera connection

got one few months ago but not played with it anyone got upto date links on best os/setup etc wanting to use as media centre

cheers
osborne82

I saw this on ebay but thought it must be a scam if you read the feedback it is from today so how can people who only bought the item today be comenting on delivery as they could not have got it yet ?

bought one from farnell today. :)

I saw this on ebay but thought it must be a scam if you read the feedback it is from today so how can people who only bought the item today be comenting on delivery as they could not have got it yet ?
I bought one last week, it arrived in acouple of days. And then bought another one today after one of the kids said she wanted to learn programming.

well thanks for confirming just ordered 5 may as well put one on every TV in the house at that price.

Had a dispatched notice for mine about 1hr after ordering

what can be achieved with these please?
what are you guys using them for

thanks

have a look at xbmchub and you will see some of the amazing plugins that are available for xbmc

including streaming movies, tv programs and live sports and just about everything else you can think of.

this is a much better bargain than the now tv box in my opinion. this can do everything that can, plus a lot more

can I watch streamed football on them or use as a pc on my tv to browse ect?

There are several distros for browsing etc id imagine it would be slow.

There are lots of links available for footy via plugins installed on xbmc sportsdevil for one.

There are several distros for browsing etc id imagine it would be slow.

There are lots of links available for footy via plugins installed on xbmc sportsdevil for one.

thanks for the info

Arrived today WOW Raspberry Pi with a 8gb SD card for £17. This has to be the bargain of the year.

Back