Channel update issue

cypher1055

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone can give me some useful tips for my channel update problem.I am using Rat's channel list.I have modified it according to my preference by using Dreambox editor but unfortunately due to autoboquet it kept adding unwanted channel folders after the update, so now I have disabled the autoboquet.I was wondering is there anyway to just to change the channel with the changed frequency or add the new channel if there is one without changing my current list ? e.g if I lose Sky Sports 1, how do I just add that channel back to my list, or if there is a new channel X, how can I add that individual channel to my channel list without losing my channel order (as I used to do on Skybox F3)?? My problem is if I use Rat update plugin I will lose my channel order & secondly I don't live in London.
Apologies if it has been discussed before.

I was wondering if someone can give me some useful tips for my channel update problem.I am using Rat's channel list.I have modified it according to my preference by using Dreambox editor but unfortunately due to autoboquet it kept adding unwanted channel folders after the update, so now I have disabled the autoboquet.I was wondering is there anyway to just to change the channel with the changed frequency or add the new channel if there is one without changing my current list ? e.g if I lose Sky Sports 1, how do I just add that channel back to my list, or if there is a new channel X, how can I add that individual channel to my channel list without losing my channel order (as I used to do on Skybox F3)?? My problem is if I use Rat update plugin I will lose my channel order & secondly I don't live in London.
Apologies if it has been discussed before.

I would just send in Rats Bouquets with Dreamboxedit if anything changes Rat updates the bouquets and you send in the latest list.

Can you explain a bit more regarding unwanted folders etc ? If so Rat may be able to help you sure that with the auto bouquets enabled.

All you want to move is the BBC and ITV for your region ?

you can do that via remote control mate, takes seconds once you have done it a few times :)
Adding & Moving Channels Via Remote

why dont you remove ABfrom the Box ?

That was quick, thanks Guys, what I meant by unwanted folders with autoboquets was that after installing my channel list , after every autoboquet update I would double folders like Entertainment, HD, kids, Sports etc, secondly I prefer to have my channels e.g Asian/international channels in a different order than in the channel list , so with autoboquet that order will be lost? I am not sure if it is making any sense to you?

After every update I do and you then download and use you will need to open it and do any changes in dreamboxedit (or similar programme) then transfer to your box

Or you could make your own bouquet and edit it all to suit your own preferences, again with dreamboxedit or similar :)

Or you could make your own bouquet and edit it all to suit your own preferences, again with dreamboxedit or similar :)[/QUOTE]

Would love to know how to make my own bouquet that may auto update?

AutoBouquets by Lraizer allows you to sort channels into your own bouquets. They will be updated and maintained in your chosen order.

search for Lraizer auto bouquets E2

I just download and then manually set Rats bouquet into 'my' format and then blast it down to my box. I also don't do each and every update, just scan what Rat has put and if it doesn't affect me ignore that until the next.

I just download and then manually set Rats bouquet into 'my' format and then blast it down to my box. I also don't do each and every update, just scan what Rat has put and if it doesn't affect me ignore that until the next.

That's what I have been doing as well but was wondering if there was a quicker way of updating my bouquet instead of downloading the updated Rat's bouquet every time & spending about 30 min on it to rearrange it? Apparently not but must give credit to Rats for his hard work & other forum members for their quick feedbacks & useful advices.A big thanks to all of you.

if you put all the channels you watch into favourite folder any update will not change what is in there and the bouquets will stay in the order you put them in. while in the plugin press menu for the settings

while in the plugin press menu for the settings

Can you please elaborate on this part , as I am mot sure which plugin are you referring to?

lraizers Autobouquets E2 plugin this lets you choose your region and which bouquets you want to keep and the ones you delete stay deleted read the read me file and the Lraizers post from the start

Are there any simple instructions on how to install lraizers Autobouquets E2 plugin as the read file included is honestly unreadable?

ftp it to /var/volatile/temp then press the blue button on remote >>vix >>install local extension

ftp it to /var/volatile/temp then press the blue button on remote >>vix >>install local extension

Thanks, have installed the bouquet, now my channel list is showing my own list with bouquet list.
1) Just to clarify if order bouquet channels according to my preference then they will stay the same even if I set it up as auto update?
2) Can I edit the title of the bouquet or does it have to stay the same for the update?
3) If remove some channels they will remain removed even after the update?
4) If there are any new channels added by SKY will they add automatically or do I have to search & add manually?

You have to select sort 3 and edit the custom_sort_3.txt file to your liking. Everytime it runs it will place the channels in the bouquets in your chosen order.

The main numbering bouquet (unless you delete it) will always be like official one. This is affected by custom swap.

When you enable "other extra", Test channels will always be in the Other bouquet.

At the moment you cannot rename the bouquets. You can do on the Neutrino version, it is hoped this as well as other improvements will be implemented into the E2 version when Lraizer gets a chance.

You have to select sort 3 and edit the custom_sort_3.txt file to your liking. Everytime it runs it will place the channels in the bouquets in your chosen order.

The main numbering bouquet (unless you delete it) will always be like official one. This is affected by custom swap.

When you enable "other extra", Test channels will always be in the Other bouquet.

At the moment you cannot rename the bouquets. You can do on the Neutrino version, it is hoped this as well as other improvements will be implemented into the E2 version when Lraizer gets a chance.

Thanks for the info, as advised managed to select sort 3 option by going into the settings of the bouquet by pressing menu , did enable the other extra option, couldn't find the custom_sort_3 option in the setting? Have put the channels in the order of my preference.Hoping I have done it correctly & now it will stay like this on autoupdate? Can I move a channel from one folder to another e.g from HD to sports?

Back