Channel list update device

dilpz

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a 7000hd which is connected to a 28.2 fixed dish. I have set up channel lists that im happy with but am struggling to update channels when there is a movement or change. Currently im having to download the udb to my laptop and then manually update the channels one by one via channel editor with new information. Surely there must be an easier way.

I tried to do a satellite scan on 28.2 hoping that the scanned channels would then appear in the database udb file alongside my old channels so i could just swap them out but this doesnt seem to work either or (more likely) im doing it wrong.

Can anyone recommend the best way to update your channel lists via rescan? The method would be much appreciated so i can see where ive gone wrong.

Thanks

It's so simple, when there is a transponder change simply do a manual transponder scan and use the receivers built in channel editor to move into the position you want. As your only interested in 28.2e the whole process will take less that 3 minutes. I do this even though I have about 30 satellites in my channels list.

Hey jimi,

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out. I have quite an old list so I reckon its going to take ages to do but I'll give it a shot. So after I do a manual scan, where will the new channels show in the editor?

Back