change system on technomate 2t

rishin

Inactive User
Reaction score
does anybody know how i can change my receiver from openpli to openvix. i am very new to this and am really struggling! thanks

You are not going to go very far if you hijack people's threads and post in wrong sections. You are now in the downloads section where people are meant to download things from.

1. Use a fat32 usb drive. Best not to have another connected.
2. Delete any existing "update" folders from usb drive.
3. Download desired image and extract it.
4. Place "update" folder into USB drive.
5 Switch off mains switch at rear of receiver and connect USB flash drive
6. Reboot receiver.
7. When prompted with "new software found, press OK", press OK.
8. DO NOT REMOVE USB STICK OR POWER DURING FLASHING PROCESS
9. When completed, switch off receiver with switch and then remove USB stick
10 When restarting, keep pressing the exit button on the receiver for about 20 seconds. (Keep pressing, not hold and keep pressed)

i cant get it to say new software found. i tried restarting it like times

thanks for your help.

it is: E:\update\tm2toe\cfe

the files on it are imageversion, oe_kernel, oe_rootfs and splash.

its formatted fat32. i hope you can help

I've not seen an openPLI image for the 2T in the public (Granted,4d uses openpli). Don't mean to be condescending, have you got a 2T ot Twin? Definitely no other USB drives connected?

i am new so you are right to question everything i say. on the box it says tm 2t oe. and yes it sayd 4d when i switch it on at the moment. definitely no other usbs attached.

The only other thing I can suggest is to try a different USB drive.

Can you flash 4D images OK?

i get it to come to the screen where it says boot found press ok on the front to flash, but it just doesn't do it!

when it says 'PRESS OK!' on the front of the receiver, press the OK button on the receiver itself, NOT ON THE REMOTE

Back