change of terms,can i get out of contract now?

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just recieved a letter today telling me of price increase and change of time of the included calls,i wondered if this would provide me an oppertunity to get out of my contract,tivo has been shocking wish i had stayed with sky for tv

if this doesnt give me grounds to get out,does anybody hace any ideas for getting out ,id like to keep the broadband(i had just that before moving the lot to virgin)but the tv is garbage,getting tempted to buy one of these here dm800hd boxes that are advertised one gumtree with a years gift

yes, it does. i think it says at the bottom of the email i received.

just recieved a letter today telling me of price increase and change of time of the included calls,i wondered if this would provide me an oppertunity to get out of my contract,tivo has been shocking wish i had stayed with sky for tv

if this doesnt give me grounds to get out,does anybody hace any ideas for getting out ,id like to keep the broadband(i had just that before moving the lot to virgin)but the tv is garbage,getting tempted to buy one of these here dm800hd boxes that are advertised one gumtree with a years gift

Thinking of doing the same myself mate. Never use the phone, TV is only M+ and is garbage but need to keep my broadband. Looking at getting some type of sat box an all.

dont bother paying extra for a gift mate as they could get cut off a week after you've bought it, by all means get yourself a sat box but i woudnt recomend paying extra for the gift!

bah been told i cant keep the broadband,if i cancel its got to be everything,ended up wrangling a deal of sorts-100mb now with a dicount each month and free tivo--only thing is the fxxking internet is now 20mb slower than it was when i was on 50,another call to cancell everything is in order i think,bloody shower of shtie they are

Can you not just cancel the lot and then re-sub to broadband a week later?

apparently not,3 month min gap allowed between cancelling and them supplying services to same address so i was told anyway

There is a 3 month gap between leaving and resign if you want the discounts.

You can cancel the items they have increased the prices on, however their discounts are a nightmare so its quite possible that you lose discounts for the bits you cancel and end up paying more !

I've just called VM to cancel. I pay £33.90 P/M which is nothing compared to some people but all i use is the broadband at all to be honest. I was told that if i drop my M+ tv to normal freeview then I only have to pay £30.40 which is pretty crap i think and then he said or I can stay on exactly the same package at the same price...so not the added £2 p/m increase as I am a relatively a new customer! So why send out a letter saying it is going up when they know they don't have to put it up....an absolute con!!! And to say its cos am a new customer is quite insulting for people who have been with them quite a while.....so they would put it up if i had been with them a while.

Anyway.... i have given them my 30 days notice so will see if they can offer something half decent or maybe time to look at other companies. The guy on the phone said the best for my area that other companies could do would be about 6Mb or less which is a bit of downer but whether thatis true or not?!

Anyway.... i have given them my 30 days notice so will see if they can offer something half decent or maybe time to look at other companies. The guy on the phone said the best for my area that other companies could do would be about 6Mb or less which is a bit of downer but whether thatis true or not?!

You can check on this website what you potential ADSL speed will be,

SamKnows - Broadband Availability Mapping

Thanks for the link oneman.
Doesn't look good for me though "ADSL available at ~2.5Mbps" :(

Looks like I will be sticking with VM....bummer! Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that the retention team get in touch with a nice offer.

Thanks for the link oneman.
Doesn't look good for me though "ADSL available at ~2.5Mbps" :(

Looks like I will be sticking with VM....bummer! Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that the retention team get in touch with a nice offer.

I would say that samknows does tend to be on the conservative side so 6mb quoted by VM might be achievable. Also samknows has information on exchanges so you can find out which providers are available in your area and if you can get BT infinity.

RESULT! As far as am concerned anyway.
Got a call today...said to guy that don't want phone, don't want tv so he said how about 60Mb @ £23.50p/m
This is without a phone line charge so it is £23.50 and thats it!
Said to him...yes i'll have a bit of that...12 month contract.
Just got to wait till my cancellation kicks in at end of month and then will be moved to that. Happy days!

just got my broadband down to £18.50 a month 30 mb with no speed upgrade fast enough anyway

Back