change of ird and bk number

steveob1

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all just wondering we know the location of the ird and bk number i guess because we can get it through jtag on certain boxes but could we change that bk and ird number. why i ask that question is because when i eventually get my new card for n3 i can then open my old card find out the ird and bk number and then on my modded box change the numbers to the modded box and then i could swap cards back and forth rather than move the box to the bedroom then living room.

hi all just wondering we know the location of the ird and bk number i guess because we can get it through jtag on certain boxes but could we change that bk and ird number. why i ask that question is because when i eventually get my new card for n3 i can then open my old card find out the ird and bk number and then on my modded box change the numbers to the modded box and then i could swap cards back and forth rather than move the box to the bedroom then living room.

well what you could do if they the same model off box ie both 2100 are both 4000, then you could copy the chip from one box to the other . if they not the same model off boxes then you are out off luck.

mmm copying a chip is a bit tricky thats why i was wondering if we could alter a ird and bk number through jtag. ok thanks anyway for the reply

Back