change netid on v+ with funcard

irratic

Inactive User
Reaction score
after reading about i got the idea you cant change netid with funcard without wiping the chip... is that right ??? or has it already been done..if it has then i'm talking sh*t ..
v+ box netid was already at 10..
went into eng menu after writing funcard using v2 netid put card in, nothing, 3 or 4 times still nothing..booted box up with card in, nothing..
so, being thoroughly fed up with the thought of replacing the chip this is what i did
with the card in, held up down and ok and pressed reset waited till the screen stopped changing, about 2 minutes, let go of the buttons, the screen still says AP52 quickly pulled the card out and pushed it back in when it went straight into update(as cable feed was connected) when it finished update went into eng menu and it was set correctly....
it could be a fluke or may have already been done..but as i dont have any more v+ i cannot try again...
all i need now is an image for mosc with hd tiers for c+w if anyone can help....

will have a try with this myself, i'm in same boat got a v+ from tw area need it for ex c&w so will try what you did tomorrow, thanks for heads up

let me no how you get on mate, iv only got the one so cant prove whether it was just luck or what....

I managed to change a V+ by holding the ok and reset button while booting up then when I see fr01 on the lcd I let go.

It went through the numbers for a while then I went into the em and voila it changed the netid.

I changed it from a Pure to EXCW.

Sounds interesting. I have one from TW and going to Ex C&W also, I'll give it a go this weekend and report back. I did hear it could be done without removing chip, if you were in pure NTL, but this if a first for Ex C&W.

cheers guys

must have been a fluke, tried both methods with no success

This didn't work for me, but just found out why.

Been sold a faulty box off ebay, someone's already had a go at it and managed to pull the smart card connector off the motherboard. Ripped three of the tracks from the board in he process. Why do people bother if the haven't got a clue what they are doing. They must have given it some tug to rip if off the board.

Well pissed off now.

Last edited:
Back