Champions League Final build up!

Nani121

Banned
Reaction score
Lets have a thread for all the build up to the Champions League final and keep it all in this thread people!

Have any news about either team or any thing related please post here!

Iniesta maybe Doubtful for Final

I doubt this is true but you never know!

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta looks set to miss the Champions League final against Manchester United later this month after picking up a thigh injury in his side's 3-3 draw at home to Villarreal on Sunday night.

Iniesta looked downbeat as he left the pitch at the end of the match on a disappointing night for Barcelona, as the Catalans failed to secure the three points they needed to seal the title at the Nou Camp.

Early indications suggest the midfielder has suffered a recurrence of the serious thigh injury he picked up in November and Barca coach Pep Guardiola admitted he is likely to lose his in-form star for the rest of the season.

"I don't have a good feeling," he said on Sunday night.

"We will do tests tomorrow (Monday), but there is no way he will play this week."

That means Iniesta will definitely miss the final of the Copa del Rey, which sees Barcelona face Athletic Bilbao at Valencia's Mestalla stadium on Wednesday night.

"We will try to get him fit for Rome - that's all we can do," he said. "We will have what the tests reveal."

Source: ITV football

i think its mind games, same with henry as well...

Re: Iniesta maybe Doubtful for Final

I doubt this is true but you never know!

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta looks set to miss the Champions League final against Manchester United later this month after picking up a thigh injury in his side's 3-3 draw at home to Villarreal on Sunday night.

Iniesta looked downbeat as he left the pitch at the end of the match on a disappointing night for Barcelona, as the Catalans failed to secure the three points they needed to seal the title at the Nou Camp.

Early indications suggest the midfielder has suffered a recurrence of the serious thigh injury he picked up in November and Barca coach Pep Guardiola admitted he is likely to lose his in-form star for the rest of the season.

"I don't have a good feeling," he said on Sunday night.

"We will do tests tomorrow (Monday), but there is no way he will play this week."

That means Iniesta will definitely miss the final of the Copa del Rey, which sees Barcelona face Athletic Bilbao at Valencia's Mestalla stadium on Wednesday night.

"We will try to get him fit for Rome - that's all we can do," he said. "We will have what the tests reveal."

Source: ITV football

hopefuly they cut his leg off barca scum

i think its mind games, same with henry as well...

I was just about to post that its probably a smoke screen, they all do it so the opposition is unsure. Iniesta would be a huge lose to them.

Anyway I will pin my colours to the mast.....Henry used to play for Arsenal who are an English club so I will support Barca in the final.

well so far we know who isn't available for picking

Barcelona: Dani Alves, Abidal, Marquez, Milito

Man Utd: Fletcher, Hargreaves, Brown

I am sure that Henry and Iniesta'a injuries was blown out of proportion... but we will find out more about that in the next few days..

I'm sure Iniesta will play and also Henry will recover enough to at least be on the bench.
Even if what the Barca coach is sayin is true with their injuries, players do their very best to recover for finals of such big competitions.

Barcelona's Andres Iniesta says he will be fit for Champions League final v Man Utd

As expected UEFA have announced!

Fletcher will miss European final

Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher will miss the Champions League final after Uefa rejected an appeal against his red card in the semi-final.

The 25-year-old was controversially sent off in the second leg of United's 4-1 aggregate win against Arsenal.

Italian referee Roberto Rosetti sent Fletcher off for what he saw as a foul on Cesc Fabregas and awarded a penalty.

Barcelona's Eric Abidal's and Dani Alves will also miss the final after Uefa turned down their appeals.

Abidal was sent off for what referee Tom Henning Ovrebo saw as a trip on Nicolas Anelka in the semi-final against Chelsea, while Alves picked up a yellow card for a challenge on Ashley Cole, ruling him out of the final.

Uefa initially said there was no right of appeal unless the referee had made an error in identifying the player.

As this was clearly not the case, United asked Uefa to review the decision on "compassionate" grounds and allow Fletcher to face Barcelona in Rome.

its s shame that abidal and fletch will miss the biggest game of their club career to date... I can understand the alves booking standing but these two were just unlucky... 3 cheers for platini and uefa the numpties...

It is a shame that Fletcher and Abidal won't play in the final but to be honest i didnt expect their red cards to be rescinded

just read this on Skysports:
"Andres Iniesta is confident he will be fit for the UEFA Champions League final against Manchester United after tests revealed that his injury is not as serious as first thought. "

Shame about Fletch and Abidal but we all knew the outcome of any appeals, rescinding the red cards would have made to much sense for UEFA to cope with Blatters brain would have had a common sense melt down. Personally think if Rio stays fit for that final and we have our back four then it matters not if Iniesta or Henry play. Iniesta for me is their most influential player (above Messi) but united can score goals and defend. Barca can score goals but cant defend. Chelsea should have stuck 3 past em and that was a team defending in numbers. Should make a good final 2 attackin teams MINT. Beat Wigan point or 3 against Arsenal and play the reserves :Laugh: keep them injuries at bay, last thing we need is to have to play our big guns against Hull.

Shame about Fletch and Abidal but we all knew the outcome of any appeals, rescinding the red cards would have made to much sense for UEFA to cope with Blatters brain would have had a common sense melt down. Personally think if Rio stays fit for that final and we have our back four then it matters not if Iniesta or Henry play. Iniesta for me is their most influential player (above Messi) but united can score goals and defend. Barca can score goals but cant defend. Chelsea should have stuck 3 past em and that was a team defending in numbers. Should make a good final 2 attackin teams MINT. Beat Wigan point or 3 against Arsenal and play the reserves :Laugh: keep them injuries at bay, last thing we need is to have to play our big guns against Hull.

I agree i think Iniesta is their most influential player him and Xavi pull the strings in the middle!

Barcelona defence isn't the best they conceded 3 last night all be it 2 were when they were down to 10 men! Guess who was sent of last night also?

Abidal lol!

Xavi is probably the best player in the world when it comes to pulling strings in midfield..

but i would have to agree with you lot.. Barcelona's defence did look abit fragile and with the absence of abidal and alves... their defence will lose their offensive ability...

its gona be hard but i hope we can retain the cup!

it would be nice to see barcelona on form in the final, but they seem to freeze on the big stage. If they do perform then it could be a classic with manu in form too.
Barca's defence is definately suspect with marquez out, and the only way they are going to win is if they play attacking football and keep manu on the back foot.
Who do you think will play rightback for manu ?

it would be nice to see barcelona on form in the final, but they seem to freeze on the big stage. If they do perform then it could be a classic with manu in form too.
Barca's defence is definately suspect with marquez out, and the only way they are going to win is if they play attacking football and keep manu on the back foot.

i think it'll be o'shea, who to be fair to him has been playing well recently and has filled in fair well... henry if fit will rip rafael apart, neville not ready for such a game, brown and hargreaves injured...

barca's defensive frailties are there for utd to exploit... marquez, abidal and alves out. pique not the quickest and puyol in recent weeks has had a shocker of games...

good question..
right back position has been iffy all season..
i think Fergie will probably play O'shea due to his experience.. and he can come in and nick a goal here and there... (Arsenal in CL semi's as the most recent)

i think Barcelona will have a bigger headache with who they play at Right back.. Dani Alves has been one of Barcelona's most picked player.. Pep Guardiola likes to use squad rotation but they dont really have a 2nd right back so that is expected... Dani Alves has only missed out on 2 La liga games so far....

so who they play at right back could be a problem... also they lose his offensive ability

As long as they play fookin Puyol then im happy. :Laugh:

Back