Cfw 3.80 M33

only just found out now coz u posted in shoutbox lol,will have a try later

We've had a lot of updates about this one (not to mention some PSP scene drama on the side), and now it's finally out: the highly-anticipated 3.80 M33 Custom Firmware for our Sony PlayStation Portables, from none other than the treasure vaults of Dark AleX and Team M33. After delays, bugfixes, and the occasional appetite-whetting, we can now finally unlock the fullest potential of our own PSPs. Awesome!

If you've been keeping up with the news, then you'd know about the brand-spanking new features in this new firmware. But for the sake of completion, here's the changelog:

* HEN core: user mode can load now signchecked files from flash.
* recovery: flash1 format will create flash1 directories after format.
* This could fix some flash1 issues with the previous versions.
* Network update from dark-alex.org page. By default is enabled. You can turn it off in recovery (when off, network update will download sony updates as usual).
* Nids resolver for various kernel libraries.

Now, don't get too excited. While this IS the latest firmware, it carries with it the same risks and dangers of updating. Please be sure to read up and get yourself up to speed with the updating process before doing anything. This includes perusing the included readme file included in the archive.

Make sure you guys give thanks to Dark AleX and Team M33! With that, enjoy!

h**p://dl.qj.net/CFW-PSP-3.80-M33-PSP/pg/12/fid/15675/catid/114

for anyone who wants a look

Didn't wonna steal ya thunder m8! - lol - Thought at worse I could let ya know incase it hadn't been spotted.

Does say in the readme that it will need popsloader rewritten for it so all but the must have the latest merchants n testers may want to hold off installing.

installed the update and downloaded the radio,pretty good,dont know about adding your own stations yet,will investigate

Didn't wonna steal ya thunder m8! - lol - Thought at worse I could let ya know incase it hadn't been spotted.

Does say in the readme that it will need popsloader rewritten for it so all but the must have the latest merchants n testers may want to hold off installing.
no worries mate,you post what you want,it has been reported some homebrew dont work with it,but i am sure there will be an update soon

Could I update my 3.40 oe a' to this straight away?

Last edited by a moderator:
Changes

- HEN core: user mode can load now signchecked files from flash.
- recovery: flash1 format will create flash1 directories after format.
This could fix some flash1 issues with the previous versions.
- Network update from dark-alex.org page. By default is enabled.
You can turn it off in recovery (when off, network update will download sony updates as usual).
- Nids resolver for various kernel libraries.

Comments:

In 3.80 sony has changed (again) kernel nids. The nids resolver will resolve a lot of nids from firmwares 1.50-3.60 (traditional nids) to the ones of 3.80 kernel. In general, 3.71 nids will NOT be resolved to 3.80 ones. However, to compatibilize 3.80 M33 with prx's programmed for 3.71,a few very 3.71 nids that were found in some 3.71 plugins will be resolved too. More info about what is resolved in nidsresolver_status.txt.

Thanks to the combination of the nids resolver and the user libraries possibility in kernel mode added back in 3.71 M33-3, some programs that stopped working in 3.30 M33 may work again now. One of them is PimpStreamer 0.90.

Finally, popsloader plugin from 3.71 will not work in 3.80 M33 due to its system dependancy. A new one will be rewritten for 3.80 M33.

right ok guys
i done a fat and slim straight from 3.71m33 to 3.80 m33 without a hitch

then when i went to do another i got error code (DRNFFFFFFCD)
so i went back to 1.50 using mr dudes then 3.52m33 then update 4
then i ran the 3.80m33 and it tells me that idstorage keys needs to repair,and after that
it went to 3.80m33 lol

just thought id let u know incase any of u get that error code (DRNFFFFFFCD)

ok guys not just me ,thats a couple of people with same problem

and if ur on 3.80m33 u cant run disinter to make pandora

Last edited:
a new version has just been released 3.80 m33-2

someone try the network upgrade and see if it works.

Last edited:
a new version has just been released 3.80 m33-2

someone try the network upgrade and see if it works.

Shite that woz quick, someone must have found something nasty.

View attachment 37114

This update fixes a couple of issues.

- Function scePowerGetClockFrequency/scePowerGetClockFrequencyInt was not resolved properly due to a
confussion between the two nids applying to the same function. Fixed, this update is necessary
for plugins and kernel homebrew reporting psp cpu speed.

- PSX EBOOT.PBP that have a icon of 80x80 pixels will not be replaced by Dracula icon in savedata.

Last edited:
done on slim and fat

did you try the network update. just curious to see if its working, and how well. or did you use the rar i posted.

left my psp at my mums, so cant try it myself

just read on another site. that the network update is working perfectly. thats a great feature to have. will make things alot easier for future upgrades

did you try the network update. just curious to see if its working, and how well. or did you use the rar i posted.

left my psp at my mums, so cant try it myself

Didn't work for me, said already at latest (3.80m33 earlier), so installed m33-2 manually.

network fine as im playing the radio on it now

I Think the Network ref is about the ability to update CFW over the Internet:

- Network update from dark-alex.org page. By default is enabled.
You can turn it off in recovery (when off, network update will download sony updates as usual).

Back