Certain channels not available when recording another?

glic83

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, the in-law 's have a humax foxsat hdr 500gb receiver, but when they are recording itv for example there are blocks of channels which are unavailble to watch or record, these channels are just greyed out in the menu. Now I would understand if they were recording 2 channels and trying to watch a 3rd which was on a different transponder but when its only 1 channel and then they cant watch certain channels it seems very strange, I checked the signal/quality and shows fine on both tunners. Anyone ever encountered this issue before?

Yes m8, 2 feeds and both are saying signal and quality are fine, its strange one

Last edited:
'Menu', scroll down to 'Setup' then select 'Manual Tune' .
Press Red,Green,Yellow,Blue,Green,Yellow,Blue in that order.

You should see an option for 'Antenna Setting', - select it.

You should now see an option 'Connection Type' It should be 'Two Cable(same)' If not change it

This is from elsewhere

" Could someone help please?
I have a Humax FOXSAT-HDR with 2 cables from the satellite dish connected to the LNB 1 IN and LNB 2 IN terminals. The Humax FOXSAT-HDR is connected to a Sony HD ready LCD TV via an HDMI lead. If I record a programme on BBC1 I can't watch or record another programme on other BBC channels or Channel 4. I can, however, watch or record most other channels. I should be able to record programmes on 2 different channels and watch another.

I have another Humax FOXSAT-HDR in another room connected to a Sony HD ready LCD TV that performs perfectly and allows me to record programmes on any channel whilst watching another.

Both FREESAT boxes were purchased at the same time and are identical.

Many thanks in advance "

"Have you checked the hidden menu to ensure the HDR is switched to use both LNB inputs and not to single mode?

'Menu', scroll down to 'Setup' then select 'Manual Tune' .
Press Red,Green,Yellow,Blue,Green,Yellow,Blue in that order.

You should see an option for 'Antenna Setting', - select it.

You should now see an option 'Connection Type' It should be 'Two Cable(same)' If not change it"

"Thank you very much for your quick reply and advice. I followed your instructions but could not do anything with manual setup. So I decided to do "factory reset" which then showed that it recognised 2 antennae. It works perfectly now. The problem I think was that this set top box was previously connected to only one antenna in my previous property and so it was remembering that set up when it was reconnected.

thank you very much again"

Back