Central Heating Pump

Did the boiler stop as well when you broke the connection ?
Or had you turned it off at the timer first?

sent using my telepathic powers

Odd, the timer is integral so should have shut off the pump in any case?

Did the boiler stop as well when you broke the connection ?
Or had you turned it off at the timer first?

sent using my telepathic powers
Wasn't using the timer wiz, just used cable to simulate the thermostat. Closed the connection and applied the power and let the boiler fire up. Shortly afterwards I opened the connection to simulate the thermostat reaching temperature. There was a few seconds delay before the boiler switched off and then the pump followed suit around 5 seconds later. I gave it a minute and closed my cable connection again and it fired up.

Wasn't using the timer wiz, just used cable to simulate the thermostat. Closed the connection and applied the power and let the boiler fire up. Shortly afterwards I opened the connection to simulate the thermostat reaching temperature. There was a few seconds delay before the boiler switched off and then the pump followed suit around 5 seconds later. I gave it a minute and closed my cable connection again and it fired up.

Something is still not right though,because if breaking that circuit kills both the boiler and the pump,then that also means that with that connection in place originally, the boiler as well as the pump would have been running 24/7,

Does that make sense guys or have I completely lost the plot lol,

Having said that if doing what your doing works,then who really cares :D

Not lost the plot M8 but we are missing a big lump of information. With an integral pump the pump control is on the pcb inside the boiler - the only wires going in would be a mains feed and the roomstat connections. There's no wiring diagram in the manual for the internals - just where the mains goes and where the roomstat goes.

But, as you say, it works - job done ;)

Can't you just fit a heating Stat, shouldn't cost too much, i've asked my dad and he seems to think it will work and he said these TRVs are not up to much anyway over control over the heating.

That's the solution the OP is going for. On the subject or TRVs, the roomstat should be well away from any. If this is hard to achieve and you don't want to replace them with standard valves, open the TRV(s) up fully in the area the roomstat is installed - stops them fighting each other!

Back