Celtic FC Thread

probs a decent result for us, rangers bossed first half thought jelavic played well, but 2nd think we bossed, gutted sami missed the pen but in fairness wasnt a pen, i thought ledleys was more of a pen shout...

down to the wire it goes :)

Neil Lennon has described as "nonsense" claims by Rangers boss Walter Smith that a campaign based on claiming for decisions and penalties led to Celtic's spot kick award at Ibrox.

There were less than 10 minutes remaining when Hoops substitute Anthony Stokes, on for Gary Hooper, was adjudged by referee Craig Thomson to have been fouled by Light Blues' midfielder Steven Davis inside the box.

Allan McGregor made a great save from Georgios Samaras to keep the game goalless and Rangers a point clear at the top of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League, although the title pendulum seems to have swung towards the east end of Glasgow as Celtic have a game in hand.

However, the Celtic boss was short and sharp when told what his Ibrox counterpart had said. "It is nonsense," he said. "Absolute nonsense.

"Have they not had penalties against us this season, one where the referee wasn't even looking at it? Eh?

"Where is his argument there? It looked a penalty to me. People are telling me it is soft but I think the one with (Joe) Ledley in the first half could have been one, and the second one with (Anthony) Stokes, they are telling me there was contact although he did go down a bit dramatically."

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has revealed his affection for Celtic.

The England international is the latest Premier League footballer to join twitter and revealed surprise support for Celtic in his opening tweets, along with a backing for Chelsea star Fernando Torres.

“Come on Celtic get a win today and win league. Come on the hoops,” said Rooney.

Obviously Celtic fans are not allowed to comment in the Rangers thread so i have put it here so i hope i dont get an infraction for putting it here.

utter rubbish,
i suggest you google a bit more
we dont need link to honor lemmon thanks
you have a celtic thread to debate in.

hes just an attention seeking fook
he has personaly put all the sectarian crap in scotland
back 10-15 years.
yet hes the one that screams like a bitch
and wants clarifaction on everything.

so tell mr lemmon
why did you do that?????

answer=hes the biggest bigot in scotland.

Its interesting you say he has dragged scotland back to that level 10 or 15 years as this ugly story actually began 10 years ago regarding lennon meaning he had to retire from his international career due to sectarianism in nothern ireland and it has just simply filtered over here which is very sad.

For years Celtic welcomed great players like davie provan into the celtic side and there was no crap then,even when mo johnstone signed for Rangers there was none of what we have to put up with now and as for the ear gesture after the match today well he should,nt have done that but 50000 rangers fans booing you for (what?) and if that incites riots or other idiotic behaviour then as scottish football fans we are truly lost!

Granted he does bring a lot on himself but what he has had to go through even from his own fans in his home country beggers disbelief.

And i am not trolling here just trying to have a civilised convo chaps, read this column tho to clear some things up regarding lennons life over the last 10 years to put some things into perspective as it really is just shocking and some may not realise this.

Political Football: Neil Lennon - Channel 4 News

Last edited:
let it drop mate, you will soon learn that theres no point as the only mods are either gers fans or friends of gers fans, hense why no one really bothers posting anymore.. i tried to today in but got shot down by another rangers fan in the celtic forum.. lol just let it drop you will only get barred.

let it drop mate, you will soon learn that theres no point as the only mods are either gers fans or friends of gers fans, hense why no one really bothers posting anymore.. i tried to today in but got shot down by another rangers fan in the celtic forum.. lol just let it drop you will only get barred.

Barred for what,for stating an opinion,i think not.

We live in a free world colin where we have freedom of speech ,albeit a forum but unless you cross the line then i see no reason why we cant express our opinions.

Its a sad day if you get banned for that colin!!!:NEXT:

im trying to ensure nothing ive said can be taken the wrong way, even instances were i have been proven to be right have been right the pages are then deleted lol so as i say i tend to rarely post here anymore apart from today ive rarely posted on this site of late, other than the odd one on soccermanager thread...

CRAIG WHYTE will walk away from his Rangers takeover if it doesn't go through early this week.

The tycoon is furious at the stalling tactics used by Ibrox board members against his bid.

And the Motherwell-born investor has issued an ultimatum - either Gers accept his £55million buyout or he will pull the plug.

An insider close to the tense negotiations said: "Whyte is so angry at the whole thing taking so long that he is going to walk away.

"He has told parties involved if the deal isn't done by close of play on Tuesday, it's finished. Unless he sees real movement from Rangers when the stock market closes, he is pulling out.

"The wheels better be in motion come Tuesday, or he's killing the plan. It's crunch time. He's in deadline mode now.

"The waiting game is over for him. Rangers need to get their fingers out now."
A faction inside Ibrox has been opposed to Whyte's investment in the club from the get-go, our source confirmed. However, Whyte is reluctant to give up on his dream of owning the champions and breathing new life into the club.

Even boss-in-waiting Ally McCoist, 48, has admitted Gers will be "in big trouble" if the Whyte take-over doesn't go ahead.

McCoist, who has only four games left as Walter Smith's No 2, warned his players' wages bill is being slashed and he will have no money to spend on strengthening the squad.

He said: "If things stay the same I will have to cut quite severely."

Whyte and his co-bidder, London-based property developer Andrew Ellis, 42, have already set up the company which will take over the club.

Wavetower Limited was formed in Bristol last September, then switched its address to a firm of solicitors in London a month later when Ellis joined the board.

Whyte became a director in March along with a long-standing business partner, Philip Betts. With all the aspects of the deal in place, Whyte hopes to wrap up the deal when the London Stock Exchange reopens for business on Tuesday.

Our source said: "Whyte has lost patience with factions opposed to his investment. This has cost him around £750,000 of his own money to get where we are now."

The venture capitalist has had to leave a lot of his other international business interests for the last six months. Our insider added: "More than anything he feels sorry for the fans, who have had to put up with this protracted saga. Craig deeply regrets the situation they find themselves in, but it hasn't been from a lack of effort on his part."

Whyte met members of the board last Sunday for face-to-face talks at Murray Park after the Old Firm clash. He gave the board all the figures, went through the details of the deal, showed his investment plans and provided financial guarantees during a 5pm sit-down.

Whyte only took the meeting to go through everything again after news of a rival offer emerged from inside the boardroom last week.

It was claimed that director Paul Murray, 46, and South African-based Dave King, 55, were behind a last-ditch attempt to get Sir David Murray's shares.

However, no further details of this alleged bid have emerged. King is still mired in a decade-long court battle with the South African authorities over allegations of unpaid tax and his own five per cent stake in the club has been frozen by the courts.

Our source said: "Whyte knows there are people at Ibrox who'd be happy for him to walk away. But he doesn't want to let them win.

"As far as he's concerned there is no other bid on the table. Whatever else has been written or said, there is no other take-over deal at Ibrox.

"He has satisfied everybody that matters. Lloyds, Sir David Murray, and all the working capital, and the investment capital is in place. All the assurances have been given.

"But there are people who don't want the deal done. They are involved in stalling tactics. Some members of the independent committee at Rangers should take a close look at themselves."

Present owner Murray, 59, is believed to have backed Whyte's bid and wants an end to all the backroom infighting. He is desperate to help secure Rangers' financial future and sees Whyte as the only viable option.

A Murray insider said: "Sir David doesn't want to leave Rangers in debt, or while the acrimony and boardroom bickering continues.

"He wants to be able to say 'I left Rangers with no debts, this is my legacy to the fans.' He is worried anything tarnishes his reputation."

Last night Whyte refused to comment on his position regarding the Rangers take-over. A spokesman said: "Mr Whyte cannot comment on any aspect of the deal because of Stock Exchange rules.

"Having said that, it is no secret that he is very frustrated by all the delays. He is the only party in this long, drawn-out process, who has never put a deadline on getting it over the line. But no one's patience is limitless."

dont believe everything you read in the news of the world its all lies ;-)

tumbleweed.gif

this is it the last day, we will know soon who will take the prize

theres always next year for the team that comes second, but a hope to fook its your team colin lol
all the best colin, and any other celtic fan looking in.
no hard feelings.

x

surfbum no one replies in this thread anymore as RAB P was mostly on here with the scores and things that was happening with Celtic etc until a certain person caused havoc among members and then to save all the aggro they could post there own thing into there own football section but as you can see they know sweet eff all as its been the 1st of may since any Celtic supporter posted crap about the news of the world etc and the posts after that is to see why its quiet sad days surfbum but its happening m8

Back