Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CD & DVD CD-G Disks

Anditn

Inactive User
Can anyone give me a bit of info on backing up CD-G disks.

I have tried Clone CD with a Plextor writer and WinOn CD and Easy CD Creator 5, with no luck.<br />I only get music but no graphics.

Thanks in advance.

The 2 most common pieces of software for cd+g is clone and cdrwin. Disk Juggler will do them also. I use clone myself for disk copies and cdrwin to extract individual tracks. Using clone, tick the 'Read sub channel from audio tracks' Half the speed of your burner for both reading and writing eg if you have a 16x Plextor then read and write at 8x. Your burner must be cd+g compliant, Plextor should be fine. When writing, select RAW DAO.<br />You can extract tracks and save as mp3+g format which is ideal for backup. You can get up to 10 cd's on one using this method. If you are interested then let me know.

Thanks for the info on backing up CD-G's

It works just fine.

If you could let me know how to back up to MP3-G that would be very helpful.

Thanks Andi

for mnp3-cdg.try <a href="http://www.karaokeplayground.co.uk.you" target="_blank">www.karaokeplayground.co.uk.you</a> will get all the software you need to do it there..Golfer

You will need MP3 tools and cdrwin. Install MP3 Tools. Using Cdrwin, select the centre top window 'Extract Disk/Tracks'. Choose Select Tracks (at top). Choose your plextor as CD Reader. Tick RAW and CD+g. Now select which tracks you wish to extract. You can select them all or individually. Give them names and point them where you want to save them to under Image Filename. You can name them sequentially if you like eg: track1.bin. Try Data speed on 8 and Audio speed on 8 (if these speeds are ok then save settings else lower the speeds) Click Start to extract.

You have now created Bin files from your cd+g disk. Right click on the folder where these Bin files are stored and choose Mp3+Tools - Bin to Mp3+G or Bin to Zip if you want them zipping. You can play these MP3+G files on your computer using WinCDG. You can play the Bin files using Dart Karaoke.

To reclaim your now compressed files, you first have to convert back to Bin files. Right click folder where files are and choose MP3 Tools - MP3+G to Bin or Zip to Bin whichever type you are converting. Start up Cdrwin. Choose the top left window 'Record Disk'. Select Load Tracks. Make sure that you click on CD+G in the window that opens. The eaisest way then to add tracks is to drag and drop from Windows Explorer or Powerdesk. Choose Speed 8 and Start Recording to your Plex. Let me know if you need any more guidance.

Hi Digimon, why you ask Sunfly?<br />Just bought the full collection. 187 disks consisting of no less than 2,817 tracks.

Back