CCTV viewing away from home

calisto

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

friend of mine has set up a CCTV system at his home & wants to view cameras while he is out from his iphone which he can do but the only problem he has got is that the sky router keeps changing ip addresses & would like to know how to get around it?

His system is MyDVR by Swann

Thanks
Calisto

Hi,

friend of mine has set up a CCTV system at his home & wants to view cameras while he is out from his iphone which he can do but the only problem he has got is that the sky router keeps changing ip addresses & would like to know how to get around it?

His system is MyDVR by Swann

Thanks
Calisto

DNS service,that will always point to his ip address and he just enters the dns address instead of his ip address :)

I have security cameras and never had any issues with NOIP for remote viewing.

Or he can ask his internet provider for a static ip address,might cost a couple of quid more a month...

Or he can ask his internet provider for a static ip address,might cost a couple of quid more a month...

I'm sure I looked into this a few years ago and the subscription to DNS Service worked out cheaper.

Do many providers offer that in England?

As far as I know its unheard of here,at least for Domestic use anyway,maybe Businesses can get it here?

Do many providers offer that in England?

As far as I know its unheard of here,at least for Domestic use anyway,maybe Businesses can get it here?

It was mostly for businesses but now as times have changed & you can request a static ip addy, but atm BT buisiness internet is on offer & cheaper than domestic rate, also to add all main providers can supply static ip addresses....

It was mostly for businesses but now as times have changed & you can request a static ip addy, but atm BT buisiness internet is on offer & cheaper than domestic rate, also to add all main providers can supply static ip addresses....

Cheers for the info m8,I knew they could do it I just never realised it was widespread :)

I also use no-ip
If you search around you can usually find voucher codes and can get the service for between $8-10 USD per year.

I have installed a few Swann systems and they have there own DNS service which comes with the Kit go here: 502 Bad Gateway and register the product you purchased and choose your own DNS name etc...

They are pretty quick and its normally in use after around 30 minutes

I have installed a few Swann systems and they have there own DNS service which comes with the Kit go here: 502 Bad Gateway and register the product you purchased and choose your own DNS name etc...

They are pretty quick and its normally in use after around 30 minutes

Dead link mate, but handy to know! DynDNS & port forwarding always a bit hit-or-miss- and Dyn are making free accounts a bit of a headache now :(

Dead link mate, but handy to know! DynDNS & port forwarding always a bit hit-or-miss- and Dyn are making free accounts a bit of a headache now :(

Link works for me even though it shows bad gateway, had something similar to one of my posts the other day, think it could be a forum thing....

Thanks to all the replies, one of them has got to work, lol

phone swann technical support, they will ask you to go to a website, and give you a pin number to type in, allowing them control of your desktop. they will configure the router, and setup a swanntv dns address for you to use, and will also talk you through installing the app and getting it set up on your smartphone / tablet

their numbers 0203 027 0979 (im a TSG swann installer ;))

Back